Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New player advice on gear

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
i know walkons are ideal, but the trouble is finding one =( anyone able to tell me any local to UB2 postcode ?

also if i buy a marker second hand, is this a bad thing ? will it be noticeably different from a brand new marker. been looking at some X7's that are second hand and go for around the price of a new A5 brought retail ?

any advice on what to buy and how ?

Jun 25, 2009
South West London

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
yep it is the hounslow/southall area i am in. the one in surrey doesn't look to far to go too, only once a month though =( better than none though.

also is there any local shop i can fill the air tanks from ? i'm not sure what kind of shop i'm looking for, never seen any paintball shops and havn't seen any shops that sell any diving gear and things in that area

also reading the site, it says you can't bring your own paint =( which sort of defeats the purpose

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
i know walkons are ideal, but the trouble is finding one =( anyone able to tell me any local to UB2 postcode ?

also if i buy a marker second hand, is this a bad thing ? will it be noticeably different from a brand new marker. been looking at some X7's that are second hand and go for around the price of a new A5 brought retail ?

any advice on what to buy and how ?
Warren wood paintball is not a million miles from you, just off the M25. You can also bring your mates and Tim (the site owner) will happily rent them kit.

Very friendly crowd, they will all let you have a go on their markers and you can make a better decision on what it is you want.

There is a walk on this month, more information here:
http://www.ukscenario.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19580

http://www.warrenwoodpaintball.co.uk/

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
thanks for this, i'll try and get there, about an hour away though =( is there any other way to get there, besides a car ? was thinking rail, but it seems a small walk from the site

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
Most people drive, post up on the thread and you will probably be able to cadge a lift from the train station. I would offer but I won't be there, I have another game on that day.

Welcome to the game.

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
thanks for the help, i will do so shortly, just concentrating on this interview i have tomorrow at the moment

quick question, what's the best mask to buy ? i.e. one that is known not to fog up at all ?

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
JT proflex's
Empire E-vents
Dye i4's

Just 3 i know are decent but there are probably many more, that i cant think of off the top of my head.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
right can we just summarise this whole thread please:
delta force blows...its for people who dont play paintball
walkons are more fun and way more cost effective
if a gun has a consistent output pressure along with good paint and barrel match that makes it accurate
dye i4s, vforce grillz, e-vents, proflexs are all good masks to go with, take your pick
nobody has contradicted it, but tippmanns are a nightmare. they are murder to take apart, arent consistent (nor is co2) weigh a small van, and shoot painfully slow (excluding the x7, but the other factors still apply to it)