Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

New player advice on gear

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
i have been doing some research and have been shown the tippmann A5 and i like it quite a bit, is this a good reliable marker with good accuracy, i'm looking to hit objects that are about 6x6 inch at around 20+ metres

i don't mind getting an after market barrel if that will improve range and accuracy

if somone could point me to a place where i could purchase a some equipment, that would be helpful. i think for a starter marker, the tippmann A5 will be more than good enough, possibly could get a few of the reccommended mods to go with it

i'll also get goggles on the side, if you can give me some points to look for in the head protection, would be appreciated

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Hi buddy, Deltaforce centers normally do not let you use your own maker and air bottle within there policy, but i do know there have been exceptions in the past, ie. you know the site managers or marshalls very well.
Once you start to own your own gear and attend walkon's, you will be hooked for sure, so choose your gear carefully and that it will be right for you as we all know, buying twice will mean more expense. Secondhand is the way to go if you are on a budget, dont be afraid to post up links on this thread from the classifieds section for advise.
If you go for new gear, give the boys down at LIPs a call, they can more than likely do a package deal.
Marker wise, if your not much of a techie, you need something reliable and easy to maintain, then go for Planet Eclipse markers. Eclipse markers have a wide range to choose from ie, Eteks as already been mentioned to the more popular highend Ego' and Geo's.
Hopper, i would recommend a Rotor, expensive, yes, secondhand good condition can be picked up for around the £60, great on battery life, less on the pocket and easy to maintain/clean in the long run.
Bottle, fibrewrapped/carbonfibre, lightweight, if buying secondhand, check the date first and ask for advise.

Lets try not to use the word BULLETS :tsk::p
If you want accuracy, key factors are :
Make sure your marker is setup correctly.
Well maintained/clean marker/hopper.
But most importantly for accuracy/consistancy, is the quality of the paint you use and how it has been stored.
+ 1 on seeking the advice and experience of Chris and Jon at LiPS 01707 325007 Probably the best retail paintball outlet in the world, you can even go to their shop in Welwyn Garden City!

As for places to play that will let you use your own equipment in the W London area

Both Campaign Paintball Cobham, Surrey and Skirmish Paintball High Wycombe, Bucks run regular montly Walk-ons for players with their own gear and (if I remember correctly) will rent site equipment to your mates on the same days.

You could also speak to Yorkie at Bricketwood Paintball Centre near St Albans (see his posts in the Training Sites section) as well as the tournament fields he has a full woodland site and will be more than happy to sort a day out for your requirements.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Accuracy is a function of the paint size to barrel bore match and the quality of the paint used, for obvious reasons the average site guns have a fairly large bore barrel to suit various types/quality of paint, most Tippmann type markers are similar in this respect, though after market barrels are available!

P.P.S. Bullets are cool ;)

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
yes bullets are cool, but would you count a bullet from an A-10 warthog's Gau-8 as a bullet ? lol

anyway

i was doing some reading and have seen some people say that the BT4 might be a better gun, can anyone tell me why ?

AK247

Feb 1, 2011
alright after further research, i feel happy on getting a tippmann A5, just wondering what the average price of it is

also, where do i fill up HPA and Co2, is it possible to be done at home ?

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
only possible at home if you have the right dive tanks/compressors etc.

otherwise your local PB store should be able to help.

regards tippmann A5s have a look on the warped webshop, they seem to know their stuff on recball gear

rocknroll

Platinum Member
May 28, 2008
stoke-on-trent
you can use your own markers at all delta force sites nationwide, however you have to use there co2 tanks so they'll fill it up so you dont have to worry about it.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Once you have your own gear, why even bother to play at Deltaforce ?
Get down to walkons, meet other players with there own gear and you will have more fun.

Reactions: SabreWolf

SabreWolf

Jan 25, 2005
Manchester
none
What nitro said, you will save a hell of alot of money too.
Delta Force is expensive, it's designed for the complete non ballers who have never played before, where they have plenty of money to burn for that one off day.

Usually anyone that went to delta force as their first or second time, quickly realise they tend not to cater for the regular player, so my advice and probably many others is, get your own gear and go to walk on sites, save some money and have a hell of a better time in the process.