Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Nexus start off well

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
well what a great result for nexus,they will come back with there heads held high,well done robbo and the boys and a big well done to tom,who i was playing with in Ecstasy 6 months ago. See Tom i told you that you had it you , speak when you get back mate

Twizz

Cenobite

Prize Muppet
Apr 18, 2002
Warwickshire, UK
www.cenobite.co.uk
Originally posted by Robbo
Not bad for a team where 6 of its members were playing amateur and novice this time last year :)
Its good to see the Brits becoming a force to be reckoned with again, and as you say 6 players were am or nov last year....

This begs the question what are you doing differently that the others arent doing?

Also this brings to mind the early 90s when pro teams would often do training days with am teams to help bring up the overall level. I dont know if this still goes on, but I havent heard of such things. Maybe this would be something that could help raise the game across all levels.

I think Nexus have proven without a doubt that its as much attitude and training as it is skill and experience.....

Grats on a good job guys, I dont doubt that you will do us proud.

Cheers,

Matt.

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
Cenobite, surely training (if done properly) = skill. I think what Robbo has hinted at in the past is a more scientific approach to training such as that used by the Russian Legion. What form this takes I am unsure of, it could be working out the most efficient/ effective way to play tight and shoot straight and then learn this through rote, ie practice and repetition. Robbo has certainly been the advocate of technique over the years.

So even though some players were am and nov last year it could be that appropriate and applied training is as effective, if not more so, than simply playing for years. I guess playing for years leads to a natural selection effect whereby people settle into a level whether it be pro, am or nov, after an intial period of improvement. Training on the other hand increases the period of improvement, allowing players to step beyond the level they may otherwise have settled at.

Think this acts as a lesson to us all.

Cenobite

Prize Muppet
Apr 18, 2002
Warwickshire, UK
www.cenobite.co.uk
Originally posted by Bad Dave
Cenobite, surely training (if done properly) = skill. I think what Robbo has hinted at in the past is a more scientific approach to training such as that used by the Russian Legion. What form this takes I am unsure of, it could be working out the most efficient/ effective way to play tight and shoot straight and then learn this through rote, ie practice and repetition. Robbo has certainly been the advocate of technique over the years.

A very good point although of course not everyone will learn from training as much as others, choosing your players that you will absorb that training would be as much a part of the selection process. I guess forming a successful team has many more levels to it than simply the abilities on the field.

If it is this scientific approach that RL tend to use then I would say that it has allowed them to compete very convincingly with RL (sounds like one hell of a game there.

So even though some players were am and nov last year it could be that appropriate and applied training is as effective, if not more so, than simply playing for years. I guess playing for years leads to a natural selection effect whereby people settle into a level whether it be pro, am or nov, after an intial period of improvement. Training on the other hand increases the period of improvement, allowing players to step beyond the level they may otherwise have settled at.

Think this acts as a lesson to us all.
A lesson indeed. I guess though it boils down to some people can naturally identify what training is required and how to carry it out. Robbo is obviously one of those gifted individuals who can think on those levels and identify the people who not only have skill but are going to benefit most from training.

Me personally I wouldnt know where to start, I can take advise and training but I wouldnt know how to do that myself. So basically I think we need to clone Robbo so each team can have one... :D

Matt.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Dammit, not even my ego can allow this thread to continue in such a vein.
The success we have achieved, was done on the field and always will be, and as such 95 % of the credit should go to :-

Mark Toye
Ledz (Capt)
Jamie Abbott
Nick Truter
Chrissie Edwards
Tommy Pemberton
Junior Brown
Jack Woods
Bowen Pratt

These are the guyz, this is where it's at peeps.

"TEAM" !!!!!!!

And of course we couldn't have done it without our sponsors listed below !!!!