No Nexus in Tampa?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Furby
May I quote you on that, sir?
Well, the problem is, the guy who told me it was going to be televised is from over here and was only going on information supplied to him from one of the NXL members (I know which one by the way) and you know how things can be easily denied if things get a little sticky especially if you got somebody in the information line who may have accidentally 'corrupted' the meaning of what was said.
I ain't prepared to make my fellow European a conveninet scapegoat in such circumstances :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Grendel-Khan
It seems to me that the NXL is facing the same problems that a lot of the dot com boomers ran into. THey have a premise with almost unlimited potential and a very clear agenda of where they will take this premise. Unfortunately, they are trying to push way to fast without the proper backing. They have been selling the promise of a financial return sometime in the future, rather than an actual substantive reward. IN essence their selling a dream, a promise, a vison for a better tomorrow. And lots of people
have bought into their vision, and once the wheels start to slow down all these investors start to get nervous. Yes, the TV deal might go through, but how long can they dangle this "carrott" before the monetary burdens begin to outweigh the returns? The whole Dick Clark deal was hyped to the point of insanity, and I think we all started to believe it after awhile. What happens if it doesn't go through? Hollywood types are notoriously finicky, and the TV deal could be dead faster than any one realizes. That would leave a lot of teams and sponsers out in the cold. It seems like the NXL, like a lot of internet companies, are placing the future of their organization on one concurrent event, i.e. TV coverage. The big question now is how do they move forward and how many ballers are willing to follow them?

You are nearly there young man, the time scale now contracted upon the NXL guys is I think, gonna work against them if they have any aspirations to keeping hold of their playing rosters and for any subsequent venutre being succesful.
Dick Clark has now contractually committed himself to the NXL but in my opinion, it is too little, too late and the period of obligation far too extended.
But then again, wasn't 'Pulling it outa yer ass' an American saying?
We'll see if they can do it :)

agge

STOCKHOLM IGNITION
Apr 23, 2003
Stockholm
www.ignition.se
Morris!

This was recently sent out by you;

"Concerning the World X Ball Championship: this is preliminarily scheduled to take place 23-24 October at the World Cup. The top four EXL teams will play against the top four ranked NXL teams before they start their play-offs. The seeding will be 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6 and 4 v 5. It will be a single-elimination format."

Have you been given any reason as to WHY we´ll be using a single elimination format?

In my eyes this sux big time! Going all the way to the states with what that will cost you, and then maybe only playing ONE (1) game?! Is this correct? If it is it´s a joke! It feels as if they wanna get our part of the world cup over and done with as quickly as possible.

Also, I may be slow, but how do you rank teams 1-8 if they have not been in the same league?

/agge

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Morris!

Originally posted by agge
This was recently sent out by you;

"Concerning the World X Ball Championship: this is preliminarily scheduled to take place 23-24 October at the World Cup. The top four EXL teams will play against the top four ranked NXL teams before they start their play-offs. The seeding will be 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6 and 4 v 5. It will be a single-elimination format."

Have you been given any reason as to WHY we´ll be using a single elimination format?

In my eyes this sux big time! Going all the way to the states with what that will cost you, and then maybe only playing ONE (1) game?! Is this correct? If it is it´s a joke! It feels as if they wanna get our part of the world cup over and done with as quickly as possible.

Also, I may be slow, but how do you rank teams 1-8 if they have not been in the same league?

/agge
Agge, I shouldn't worry too much about that mate because, in my humble opinion, it ain't gonna happen.
First they tell us it's gonna be a one game wonder match for some teams and now I hear they ain't gonna film it.
Now I have no idea whether Nexus would make it thru to the top four or not, but I tell ya this much, as it stands now, if we ended up qualifying, I for one, ain't throwing 7 grand XBall's way just so I can be on the next flight home after one frikkin match.
That just ain't gonna happen !!!

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Morris!

Originally posted by agge
You were sent an e-mail correcting the seeding suggestion (to two different addresses).

As for the other points we can discuss this at the EXL meeting in Amsterdam or via an e-mail discussion.

Steve

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Why not on here steve? Agge's not the only one who wants answers....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Tommy Gun-Nexus
Why not on here steve? Agge's not the only one who wants answers....
Hey Tommy, I think Steve would prefer it done in-house as against on the pages of p8ntballer.com because some of the issues at this stage are best talked about by only those concerned and they are the team owners, captains, Steve and promoters.
At the moment, this isn't a debate or a fact finding mission, it is going to have to be council of captains type thingy where the direction of Euro's top pro teams has to be decided.
Once this has been done, then I think it can be thrown open to debate on these pages.