Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

NXL

Discussion in 'Announcements and Queries' started by red dragon, Jul 18, 2017.

1. red dragon red dragon

red dragon
    Message Count:
    It is rumored that the National Xball League (NXL) is starting a new European professional paintball league next year.

Could this mean the NXL is angling to buy the Millennium Series?

Or would this be a direct competitor to the Millennium?

Would this mean a return to unlimited paint in European tournaments?

There's no official statement from the NXL as of yet. I've reached out to them and while they didn't deny it, they aren't making an official comment either.

So, would you be interested in playing an NXL event next year in Europe? Taken from PB Nation?

2. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    Laurent owns house in Europe, I don't see him selling out.

Now if there is a deal where you play Mills series and get series points in the NXL...that might be interesting. Teams could have more flexibility to attend different events and still get 'same' series points.

3. onasilverbike I'm a country member!

onasilverbike
    Message Count:
    The NXL is owned by Richmond and Bart, at leas two of the MS owners are G.I. distributors in Europe (Baldwin and Manfred). So a directly competing series would upset a few apple carts.

4. red dragon red dragon

red dragon
    Message Count:
    Millennium Series Ltd
    17 hrs ยท
    In light of recent rumours on social media and an increase in our customer asking for clarification concerning the alleged takeover of the Millennium by the NXL, we would like to clarify the following points.

No formal offer from the NXL has been received by The Millennium. Currently the Board and staff of The Millennium are very busy working on various venues & plans for the 2018 seasons whilst ensuring that we end the year on a massive High at Chantilly.

We have had and will continue to have open discussions with the Paintball Industry regarding answering the many challenges that lay ahead to safeguard the future of Tournament Paintball. We can safely say that the industry as whole knows full well that two International Series in Europe would damage our sport beyond recognition.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in Chantilly and in 2018 & beyond.

5. Missy-Q 300lb of Chocolate Love

Missy-Q
    Message Count:
    2 of the legs of the MS are now run by GI operatives, since GI have absorbed Manic and Max's, or maybe it's 3?

6. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    If the NXL wants to play in Europe they should invest in CPS and help that grow, it offers a lot of more localized events, and is a great alternative for teams who can't travel as far to a Mills.

Care_Bears likes this.
  7. Banil Jaguars

Banil
    Message Count:
    The CPS was a PSP affiliated league previously so that could happen.

8. Missy-Q 300lb of Chocolate Love

Missy-Q
    Message Count:
    But if they already own a lot of the MS, why would they do this? It would be counter-productive wouldn't it?

9. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    But do they own the leg? GI doesn't have a larger booth or presence at those events than others. Is each leg funded by a different company?

10. Missy-Q 300lb of Chocolate Love

Missy-Q
    Message Count:
    Well, I'm out of touch for sure, so I could be off-base here, way off even, but here goes...
    Laurent used to own the French event (Toulouse Open/7-man World Cup), Manfred the German one (Max's Cup), and Stephen the UK one (Campaign Cup). Those events were owned by these guys before the amalgamation of the largest euro events into the MS. I don't know who would 'own' the Spanish event - probably Laurent though as I think he lives in Spain now.
    So if Manfred and Stephen are now GI Europe, and still have 'ownership' of these events, AND, Gi wanted to run a competing league in Europe, it would make sense that the Campaign and Bitburg events would become a part of that new league. I don't think that's going to happen though. Gi won't want to split the league. Makes no sense.

A lot could have (and probably has) changed since I was clued-in to the European league, so I apologise if I'm off the mark.