Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Olympic recognition.

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
So I understand it, that Paintball will not be recognised as an Olympic sport untill we have a unified rule set across the entire game.

You would think, that, as almost everyone in the sport would benefit from Olympic recognition, so why cant we do something as simple as get an offical set of rules drawn up which every player, site, company would recognise as "the standard ruleset".

How hard can it be?

Why then can't we do it?

Codiak

GWC 2010 #23
Dec 2, 2004
Newcastle
www.codiak.co.uk
I think that most event/series organisers like their own little version of our beautiful game, much like everything else in life, HD-DVD and Blue Ray, VHS and Beta Max, and want theirs to be the one that becomes the standard.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
There is much more to becoming eligible for olympic status.

Off the top of my head it has to be played to a single set of rules,
must be played in X amount of countries, with seperate events for both men and women

There are a load of other criteria but paintball doesn't meet many (if any of them) yet.

Durajim

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2009
Reading
There is much more to becoming eligible for olympic status.

Off the top of my head it has to be played to a single set of rules,
must be played in X amount of countries, with seperate events for both men and women

There are a load of other criteria but paintball doesn't meet many (if any of them) yet.
That's so ridiculous that it's got to be split into two separate events for both men and women. I understand for some sports, but does that requirement really apply to EVERY sport in the Olympics? new and old?

Like I said above, I can understand the reasoning behind it being a requirement for (as an example, I can't think of anything more relevant) things like hammer lobbin' simply because of the build differences in male and female anatomy. But bloody hell, it's a team game, they should make exceptions for things like Paintballing.

It's hard enough finding enough teams for some tournaments, but having to find a few all female teams too... :rolleyes:

(After reading through that, it sounds like I'm ranting at you, I'm not, I'm just dismayed at the thought of the olympic committee enforcing such stupid rules on *EVERY* sport :p)

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
That's so ridiculous that it's got to be split into two separate events for both men and women. I understand for some sports, but does that requirement really apply to EVERY sport in the Olympics? new and old?

Like I said above, I can understand the reasoning behind it being a requirement for (as an example, I can't think of anything more relevant) things like hammer lobbin' simply because of the build differences in male and female anatomy. But bloody hell, it's a team game, they should make exceptions for things like Paintballing.

It's hard enough finding enough teams for some tournaments, but having to find a few all female teams too... :rolleyes:

(After reading through that, it sounds like I'm ranting at you, I'm not, I'm just dismayed at the thought of the olympic committee enforcing such stupid rules on *EVERY* sport :p)

Think of your alltime ultimate UK olympic paintball roster. Does it include any women?

I think it's to allow women representation, whereas if they weren't seperate, women would never be allowed to play any olympic sports, as they're not as good at them as us men :D

Why the entire sport needs to be segregated, I have no idea. That's just retarded.