Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
So this came in from Shoreline today re the boiler suits, after specifically telling players NOT to bring their playing gear for tomorrow, and to only wear shorts or joggers to wear under the prison jump suits...
l.
There might now be an opportunity for barnett to claw back some integrity if he can just take a quick pic of the ordered boiler suits that were delivered 'faulty', and post it up on FB.
He must have ordered over a hundred or so new ones and so it should be no trouble to take a quick photo of them and post it up.
I'm also quite interested as to why the reason the boiler suits weren't acceptable, as being 'quite funny' .... Did they have a joke printed on each suit much like in Christmas crackers?
Were they all too small such that only Ooompah Looompahs could wear them?
That sorta funny?
Or maybe they are all too big sorta funny such that each could be used as mainsails on the Cutty Sark?

I'm genuinely interested as to how these boiler suits can be dually classified as faulty and funny....
I bet he will say something like, 'i ain't got time to take a photo of them' or, 'I've already sent them back' or 'why should I do it just because Robbo wants me to do it' .. The latter excuse was the one he used when I asked him to post up the charity appeal accounts not so long ago :/

Reactions: Collier

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Jay, I think this thread has thrown up so many surprises not least of which is the sheer level of interest shown by so many ballers over such a long period of time.
The 'view count' is fast approaching a quarter of a million as you noted which means an awful lot of people are awfully interested in what goes on with our sport's one and only genuine megalomaniac.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but I do know this much, this site/forum is the number one place to come to if you wanna know what's going on in paintball whether that be rec, scenario or tourney.
It's also a place that can act as a safety-valve and melting pot for our sport/industry that is available to all our members.

I genuinely believe that barnett is now coming to the end of his tenure in our sport/industry - and in a way, it is sad because he had some ok ideas but there was a fatal flaw in his character.
And to try and utilise clinical terminology in a genuine effort to describe his condition - he's a fuhking nut-job !!

A friend of mine told me today that the last time he saw barnett, he looked a broken man and that may be true but before any of us begin to feel any pangs of guilt or sympathy, we should remember, he brought it entirely upon himself and not once did he show any remorse or sympathy for the people he has betrayed and cheated.

This same friend of mine tried to help barnett by suggesting he buy paint from Gino and offer to pay him a couple of quid extra on every box of he purchased in an effort to repay the money he owed.

My friend advised barnett that this gesture would go a long way to rebuild his integrity and trust in our industry - barnett refused point-blank to entertain any such gesture preferring to keep the money he swindled out of Gino and others, in my estimation, this fact alone defines barnett's enduring character and mentality.

barnett really is a full-grown, fully-formed turd of a man, an individual who's completely devoid of any moral integrity and incapable of accepting responsibility for any of his actions.
He needs to leave us ..... He will be leaving us, it's not just me anymore, 'we' are many, and we are determined to be rid of him and his pernicious behaviour.
Our sport has had enough of him !!!

Karma is a *****

Oct 11, 2015
Think it's more to do with the whole prison theme. And wonder what catering was supplied as it was stated on website.

So what did they get for £50 induction pack.

Sleeping arrangements which could be free

A plain tshirt which prob cost less than a pound in bulk.

Catering for two days - not seen the evidence

Mugshot which not heard about yet

And entrance to party - really your charging players to go downstairs and fight. Wow

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
I think, like most events and games, there is more than just paintball. The tours would be good (if done properly) and the knife fight, tv for rugby and party are all good ideas.
Except, the kbife fight purely on grounds of h&s. People running around with plastic pens trying to slash/ stab each other will only get more enthusiastic and competitive especially when alcohol is present. Could lead to some none pb injuries.
The thing thst grabs my attention is all the eclipse flags hanging there. Why? Im assuming eclipse are smart enough to stay away frpm TB?

Dexter

old skool!
Nov 3, 2008
Well yeah Id agree the knife fight is in keeping with the theme of the event, can't really fault them with that.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I used to marshal at a local site, and one day I found a guy running round a game zone with a wooden knife zip tied to his tippmann barrel like a bayonet. He didn't seem to understand why I was taking it off him, and why it was a bad idea!

Karma is a *****

Oct 11, 2015
The banner thing I think is because if I remember correctly it's attached to his shoreline one. Unless they really are backing him but can't see that happening.

How many of the 100 or so are gonna say they had an amazing time.
What would be the specific - would it be the actual games they enjoyed or just the pure fact that it was in a prison.
TBs games these days are simple and made up the day(s) before.

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
Just watched the video of the gun fight on the landings, shooting up and down the levels through that safety wire net, the clean up team are gonna have fun as i bet that will be a bitch to clean up with all the splatter and it being all over the ceilings etc

Reactions: Dexter
Status
Not open for further replies.