Troggy

May 12, 2003
Pompey in'it
www.ibertek.com
Originally posted by Russell Smith
Programme 3
11th September 00.30 Sky Sports Xtra
Hey Niall,

Hows about you get it put on at that players party we are bound to be having on the saturday night at Campaign??? :p ;)

Or even just in the rugby clubhouse - must be a late license there im sure.... :D

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Troggy
Dont think so Beaks - sounds more like a small section of a programme called Sport Nation...sounds very similar to TransWorld Sports...
Oh, but I thought this whole thing was a prime time TV spot, not some bits and pieces round up with tiddly winks and water polo?

I've never seen Sport Nation, can anyone tell me what the usual format is, how much time/explaination do they give to the various sports.

We've been on Eurosport before, we've been on regular TV and had mission paintball on bravo. I thought this was whole PA, promise of TV was for a full show, some real progress like the NPPL fox deal.

Troggy

May 12, 2003
Pompey in'it
www.ibertek.com
Re: Re: PA on Sky sports extra, Date's and time's

Originally from Skysports.com
Saturday 11, 06:00, Sky Sports Extra
Magazine programme featuring news and action from a variety of sports. The programme aims to encourage participation in sport and includes reports on events from grassroots to national level.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Re: Re: PA on Sky sports extra, Date's and time's

Originally posted by Beaker
Oh, but I thought this whole thing was a prime time TV spot, not some bits and pieces round up with tiddly winks and water polo?

I've never seen Sport Nation, can anyone tell me what the usual format is, how much time/explaination do they give to the various sports.

We've been on Eurosport before, we've been on regular TV and had mission paintball on bravo. I thought this was whole PA, promise of TV was for a full show, some real progress like the NPPL fox deal.

Why did you think it was a full show all about paintball, why are you not happy about any exposure on tv.
Are you so anti PA that you would diss them for putting hand in pocket to try and entice more people to try it, and also give you the chance to promote yourself as a participant in a real sport.
So many people do not know and do not want to learn what the PA is all about, may I suggest the following if YOU would like to know what it is all about, call me and I will tell all, how it come about, how I got involved, and why I think it may work.
And why you should be involved if you want to help promote paintball in the UK.

Russ 07775 771064.

Or at least wait until you have seen the thing before you start to call it, so you can say why.

Troggy

May 12, 2003
Pompey in'it
www.ibertek.com
A well sentenced reply Markie ;)

Russ - I think his point was (wether or not beaker holds an anti opinion of the PA is neither here nor there), is that alot of people were running around for a long time bigging up the whole sky deal for a long time, making it out to be something that it was never intended to be.

I am not suggesting for a minute that this was anyone on the PA staff - it was the slightly extended ego's of players - which is understandable!

Going back to what Beaker had said earlier - its been done before. Transworld sport filmed the first (or second - or even both!?!) European indoor at Birmingham some 4 or 5 years ago, it was aired on Eurosport and I believe Channel4 quite a few times.

Now dont get me wrong - my own opinion is great, paintball - more to the point paintball that I was in, is gonna be on TV again!! But you can't really blame the sceptics...it didnt do anything for paintball last time, it probably aint gonna do anything this time.