Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Returning To TV?

Jun 11, 2008
The problem is that you can't see the balls. A few years ago there were balls that recieved a small charge as they left the barrel which excited the fill causing the ball to glow. the balls were like tracers (I think they may even have been called tracer balls). Thats your first step, make the balls visible. add a titanium barrel and you've got sparks that add to the visual aspect.
Only problem with this advice is that as I type I am becoming more convinced that;
a) I've imagined this product
b)It appeared in P8ntballer as an april fools joke
c) I know nothing

JJ

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
in response to those that say its boring to watch... i would like to say that recently i was watching the foosball world cup on a sports channel.

i think even my dead hamster would rather watch pball on tv than stuff like that

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
The problem is that you can't see the balls. A few years ago there were balls that recieved a small charge as they left the barrel which excited the fill causing the ball to glow. the balls were like tracers (I think they may even have been called tracer balls). Thats your first step, make the balls visible. add a titanium barrel and you've got sparks that add to the visual aspect.
Only problem with this advice is that as I type I am becoming more convinced that;
a) I've imagined this product
b)It appeared in P8ntballer as an april fools joke
c) I know nothing

JJ
No, they actually did make those.

As for titanium barrels, they were ace, especially at the Euro Indoor

Jun 11, 2008
On a side note, played the PA League the year that Sky sports filmed every leg. We beat all the good teams, every month, and lost to some teams at the bottom of the division and came 4th every round. Not too bad you might think? Well so good that we were the only team to not even get a mention in all 7 Sky Sports episodes. None of our games were shown, not even a glimpse of one of our players in the credits. Not even a sniff of one of us standing watching a game. Not a sausage!
The problem with the PA coverage was often who was shown rather than who wasn't. If we want to be taken seriously I'm afraid we need to show more of the athletes and less of the middle aged pie eaters. This isn't to say that these players can't win games but if your looking for an image sponsors will invest in it has to be the youth.

You might encourage a few players into the sport with images of the latter but for it to grow (both televisually and as a sport) it has to be appealing to the younger end of the market.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Understand your point, but disagree.

Some of the extreme skiing vids look great; I like skiing but have plenty of friends that don't/have never tried. Neither they nor I are ever likely to jump down a near vertical slope...but it still looks great.

Some of them have watched clips of the Derder and Eclipse vids - some say "great" some say "no f**king chance". Sure, possible that some may be saying it to please me, but I've known most of them for longer than many of the forum members have been alive and if they think something is s**t they say so. One even gave it a go after watching, only plays in the woods to be fair, but started as a direct result of Derder.

Buddha - I respect your view, but I don't believe it to be it to be the case. If paintball is edited well, I wouldn't expect to see "watch skinny nerds throw a hissy fit over a call" or "pretend to be gangsta for a weekend". I would expect to see an exciting sport that is perhaps a bit/lot aspirational.

Have to agree to disagree.

And as for Dwarf throwing....was great at University. Personal favourite though was Dwarf 10-pin bowling; pushing them on a skateboard down a slope into pins - So wrong but so funny.
I respect your view too mate, you argue your corner well. :)

Those mates that decided to try out paintball after watching the videos were probably gonna try it out one way or the other. If you had just talked about it, you could probably have gotten them to play too.

Push, which is regarded by many as the original benchmark paintball video, bores me to bits. And I'm involved in the game!

As for the example you gave of somebody sliding into the bunker, here's what the avarage viewer would see: Guy slides into bunker, points gunthing at something. Guy moves forward and points gunthing some more. Guy runs past other guy wearing different colour and points gun thing at him. Other guy stands up and leaves. Baseball has more excitement than that even!

Seriously though, I'd love to be proven wrong.