Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball rifle sparks police chase

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
Article copied from the daily mirror today.

Paintballing rifle sparks police chase

Armed police and a helicopter were sent to chase a car thought to be carrying guns, which turned out to be paintball rifles.
An off-duty officer spoke to police after he saw two men in a BMW convertible with "automatic rifles"
The helicopter and a car tailed it for several minutes before pulling it over.
Two men inside had left Hemel Hempstead, in Hertfordshire, and driven to a paintball site in nearby Bricket Wood.
Hertfordshire Police said: "No offence was committed but we gave out advice. They where obviously off paintballing."

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
En-route to Oslo for the Millenniums (many moons ago), I was travelling through Stansted with just my Eclipse hand luggage but had left my Evil Pipe kit and parts of my pImpulse in the bag.

I wasn't giving a stern talking to, they just took me of to the special room with a customs bloke more festive than Christmas. That was certainly more scary than the alsatians and blokes with the G36's.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
this reminds me of a police stop type of program, they get a report of a man driving round with a handgun in his car. So the police pull out all the stops, they find the car parked outside a house and surround the house with multiple armed police cars, dog vans, riot vans, dixon of dock green, the sweeney, bodie and doyle, z cars, that knob from heartbeat, and every other police officer known to man. The man comes out of the house with no knowledge of the police presence and all of a sudden he's surrounded by police wielding machine guns who force him to the ground and forcibly search him and handcuff him in an extremely awkward and painfull position.
Now comes the bombshell....they found the gun, it was bright red and made of plastic and is obviously made for a child to play with. But the fun doesn't stop there, he was at the house to get treatment for an extremely painful back injury, which has been aggrevated by the rough and back breaking treatment by the police.
The worst bit i thought was while the police had a laugh about it, all they could say to the guy was "well you can see our side of it".
It was a daft old tw@ he gave a lift to who shopped him, and the bright red plastic toy gun was on the floor behind the drivers seat. I wonder if anyone had thought to ask him what colour it was.

coolcamel

Mar 11, 2009
Bath
this reminds me of a police stop type of program, they get a report of a man driving round with a handgun in his car. So the police pull out all the stops, they find the car parked outside a house and surround the house with multiple armed police cars, dog vans, riot vans, dixon of dock green, the sweeney, bodie and doyle, z cars, that knob from heartbeat, and every other police officer known to man. The man comes out of the house with no knowledge of the police presence and all of a sudden he's surrounded by police wielding machine guns who force him to the ground and forcibly search him and handcuff him in an extremely awkward and painfull position.
Now comes the bombshell....they found the gun, it was bright red and made of plastic and is obviously made for a child to play with. But the fun doesn't stop there, he was at the house to get treatment for an extremely painful back injury, which has been aggrevated by the rough and back breaking treatment by the police.
The worst bit i thought was while the police had a laugh about it, all they could say to the guy was "well you can see our side of it".
It was a daft old tw@ he gave a lift to who shopped him, and the bright red plastic toy gun was on the floor behind the drivers seat. I wonder if anyone had thought to ask him what colour it was.

You'd be surprised how many criminals are painting illegal firearms to make them look like toys or BB guns.

Anglian Pro

Sep 9, 2011
England
It's happened to me, Before I got a marker bag I used to wrap it up in a shemagh, I've got a Tippmann Sierra One so as you can imagine it's a big old bas***d, It fell out the shemagh as it unrolled and landed in front of my neighbour who was off to work, your heart just goes BOOM BOOM BOOM and paronoia hits you "What if someone was just looking out their window just that second?".

Luckily my neighbour had asked to come too but had to cancel due to work, so he knew I was going paintballing, after the game I got straight and brought myself a kit bag.