Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pimped your ION?

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
dont :eek: at me :D :D,

you saw my proto, it worked faultless on sunday, with cold paint, and even colder weather, i had one barrel break all day, i couldnt have asked for more... now the Ion you where shooting was making soup all day (ok, i know it wasnt yours, but still SOUP!!!)

-james

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
until i cleaned it and used decent paint :p
i was shooting crappy paint from a weekend before that was kak, and the WPD paint.

i have nothing against Ion's, but to get it working it took a full strip down, clean, and re-lube, which took you the best part of 30 mins...

now if i was to do the same thing (if i smashed paint in the breech) it would take me 5 mins max.

-james

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
slight thread jack but james is this another marker or is it the same one with the barrel that you sawed down to about 1/2 an inch!:eek:

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
slight thread jack but james is this another marker or is it the same one with the barrel that you sawed down to about 1/2 an inch!:eek:
that wasnt the stock barrel, it was some crappy Carbon fibre barrel i got with it, and its not 1/2 an inch, its about 2 1/2 inch.... but it still shoots dead straight

-james

Coldy

Jan 1, 2006
Nottingham
Just out of interest, how much does one of these 'pimped' ions cost? if you add together the cost of the gun, plus upgrades and all that. And do you install them yourselves or get a tech to do it?

Coldy