Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PMR help

Mar 24, 2007
Essex,Britain
Hi, im thinking of getting a PMR, people are saying to me, omg its heavy(when many people say its light), or its not good for sup air (which i will be playing in) etc... Ive seen nothing but good reviews of pmr's on www.pbreview.com . I was wondering if anyone who has held or used a PMR can give me the facts about this gun. Its strengths, weaknesses, any good for sup air, reliable? etc...

Thanks
Will

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
light - lovely and light

perfect for supair - nothing wrong with using it there.

many people dislike the trigger - but this is a personal preference - i dont mind it too much - but you can get an ultralite or aluminium trigger for £17 - or you can get a completely new frame and get the ul frame on it and this makes it even lighter and is very sweet - if you dont upgrade the frame you can also put on the aluminum trigger guard.

the airport is a bit naff as there is no way to turn off the air supply - but its nothing too major.

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
unless you change the body kit the pmr looks nicer imo - and you can always get new boards for the pmr as well.

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
If you can, get a 2nd-hand PM6 instead. They're cheaper than new PMR's, have so much less kick and aren't made of plastic (sorry, polymer) ;)

-Will

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
but pmr's are smaller! and if its a stock pm6 it only has semi auto
Only 1/2" shorter though, and pretty much all newbie tournaments are limited to semi-auto, so not having ramping isn't an issue. Plus the PM6 has an LPR (for consistency), a purging ASA and a decent bolt at a lower price :)

-Will