Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

POWERLYTE Scepter barrel system?

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
Has anyone used or bought the new Scepter barrel system from powerlyte if so your opionion would be appreciated.

For those who don't know what it is - Quote from www.forceofnature.com

Paul at Powerlyte
This Scepter is simply the best barrel available! It's designed with a self-alignment system which precisely aligns the bore of the insert sleeve and the muzzle, creating a perfectly straight flight line for the ball to travel through. This ingenious self-alignment design solves the misalignment problem that plagues many barrels. The inner bore sleeves, which are quickly interchangeable to match any size paint, have been uniquely designed to load from the front and lock in place with a compression fit. This eliminates any shifting or movement that could occur during firing. Further, since the bore sleeves don't require any O-rings to hold them in place, there is no chance of the sleeve flexing under pressure or becoming loose. We offer the Scepter in a single bore, three bore or five bore kit to accommodate any players needs.
http://www.forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=320&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0 for pictures

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
Yeah thats the prob - I have seen then at Pheonix cause Yankee Andy was trying to sell one to me - think it was about £120 for a 3 bore kit.

I seems like a nice system because you can change the fronts for diff lengths n other bits abit like the freak system but unlike the freak you put the inserts in from the middle so when you put the front on it locks the insert in place which is a good idea.

I couldn't find anything apart from info on their speedline barrels on the powerlyte website and pbreview aint got a review yet :).

Just want some info from anyone who has used them before I fork out my hard earned cash.

Munky

Better Things 2 Do!
Originally posted by Beaker
Sorry for the link off-site guys,

But THIS should help you.
Thanks Beaker - looks like its getting good feedback found another review in the link you put up

http://www.angel-owners.com/scepterbarrel/

Was looking at spending about £125 on a second hand freak system but if i can get a new system which will do just as good a job if not better for the same kinda money - sorted

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Personally I don't like the Freak system, it's was a only a "go to" barrel for me when the paint didn't fit my normal barrel(s), I didn't get on with it.

So I got a JT off nickp here and I love it.

I had a real long look at the Powerlyte at the IAO and the ones I saw were machined really well. I like the no-oring system and above all they have a much longer back bore section than just about all other multi-barrel sets and I'm one of those that beleives that's important for efficiency.

Over all I say go for it, looks a really good bit of kit, my only concern is I don't like the muzzle break, and looks are important too :)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Beaker

Over all I say go for it, looks a really good bit of kit, my only concern is I don't like the muzzle break, and looks are important too :)
Thats what I thought as well, the muzzle break is nasty!

I too am thinking about changing barrels, at present I have a freak and over the last 6 tournies I've not needed to change inserts :eek: :D

Would I really see a differance though between a .689 bore boomstick/Armson rifled/ JT etc etc over my freak??

Paul

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Well, when I had a Freak which I used on my cocker, Timmy and Angel, I did. I always preffered my J&J 2 peice (cracking barrel) and then my JT.

All the Freak sets I've seen have been poorly machined in some way. Put each insert into the back in turn, screw the front in and look down the front, the "lip" between 2 section was only a perfect circle on 2 of my 8 inserts, all the others the join appeared slightly off to one side.

Also, on the front bevelled edge where the ball loads the bevel was only actually even all the way around on 4 of the 8 inserts.

Have a close look at your set, you might well be suprised (in a bad way!)

Neither of these things might make any difference at all in "real" terms but I can't say that with machineing like that it filled me with confidence.

I know people that swear by the Freak, but it just didn't impress me at all.