The Home Of European Paintball

POWERLYTE Scepter barrel system?

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Beaker
For those going to STR, look for Sparklie's team as I think Gee (Goofy looking Southafrican :) ) is going up there.

He has one (as has been said before)

Have any of you had a good look at your Freak set - Paul? how well are they machined?
Hi, nope not actually checked my set yet, will do though.

Paul.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by booga
Right I've ordered a powerlyte kit from phoenix, should be with me by wednesday.
I'll post here when I've put a selection of paint though it/compared it to my other barrels.
Booga - have you got it? how does it perform?

Paul - I see you sold your Freak :D

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Beaker

Booga - have you got it? how does it perform?

Paul - I see you sold your Freak :D
Yeah I sold it, not as a result of looking at the barrels though simply because I don't use half the inserts, in fact for the last 6 months I've used the same 1 0.689.

Paul.

booga

Arthritic Pirate
Right then, I've not had a chance to test it out properly yet as I was marshalling but I have put a couple of pots of old (really old) blaze, and a pot of hellfire through it over the chrony.
Test done with a push button matrix, trinity, bolt kit & gun20 chip, 14" powerlyte kit using .688 for the blaze & .686 for the helfire.
The blaze was firing 289 +/- 5fps consistantly, the hellfire shot @
295 +/- 3fps.
No breaks (seems obvious but best to say)

On first impressions I like it, the inserts are approx 6", the machining quality is excellent and the 'compression' fit on the inserts is a great idea.

I've not had a chance to try it out on the field or over any decent distance but I'll keep you posted.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by booga
Right then, I've not had a chance to test it out properly yet as I was marshalling but I have put a couple of pots of old (really old) blaze, and a pot of hellfire through it over the chrony.
Test done with a push button matrix, trinity, bolt kit & gun20 chip, 14" powerlyte kit using .688 for the blaze & .686 for the helfire.
The blaze was firing 289 +/- 5fps consistantly, the hellfire shot @
295 +/- 3fps.
No breaks (seems obvious but best to say)

On first impressions I like it, the inserts are approx 6", the machining quality is excellent and the 'compression' fit on the inserts is a great idea.

I've not had a chance to try it out on the field or over any decent distance but I'll keep you posted.
Did you get my pm about your TI boomy?

Cheers,

Paul.