Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proud to be an American

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Why? Well, I suppose I'm proud of our country in that we have enough freedom to be able to avoid what we want to avoid and live enough of a life to be interesting no matter who is around us. Some people and places are so tied down by conformity that no learning, cultural expansion, culinary exploration, etc. ever take place, leaving the people with very dull and repetitive lives. We should be appreciative of that not being our fate, and want to make learn and see as much as possible.

Mador

lurkin' in a dark place
Aug 7, 2001
Selby ...near York.
Visit site
Having lived in the UK,Germany,Holland and the USA(Cali and NY) I can say that all cultures have alot to offer each other....American fast food is crap!!.....all over the world and British cuisine is laden with calories......but this is the 21st Century and a more cosmopolitan diet is available to all.It is up to an individual to decide thier own diet,slagging off each other on this board will achieve nothing,each culture has it's own quirks..brown sauce or Ranch Dressing..matters not to me both go well with chips.

British fast food (Chippys included) provide us with a diet that is more cholesterol than food.....also crap..

A good curry is the way to go for fast food or a really well built sicilian pizza from a local in Brooklyn(Best in the world!)

As for sauces.....ever heard of pesto??......wonderful on your pasta,soy sauce and wasabe on your sushi and if you are having chips(UK version) can't disagree there fella's vinegar,salt and ketchup......lovelly.

Any enough of my culinary digressions..

Mador

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
VINEGAR

ok just so i look smart im going o tell you about vinegar (also known as ethonoik acid)

What is Vinegar?

It is intriguing to think that in today’s computerized, sophisticated world, we’re still using one product which was discovered - quite by chance - more than 10,000 years ago.

Vinegar. Simplicity itself (though its manufacture today is anything but.) The French said it succinctly: vinaigre - meaning sour wine. That is its origin, the discovery that a cask of wine gone past its time had turned to a wonderful new product. Through the centuries vinegar has been produced from many other materials including molasses, sorghum, fruits, berries, melons, coconut, honey, beer, maple syrup, potatoes, beets, malt, grains and whey. But the principle remains unchanged - fermentation of natural sugars to alcohol and then secondary fermentation to vinegar.

The ancients were quick to find the remarkable versatility of vinegar. The Babylonians used it as a preservative and as a condiment and it was they who began flavoring it with herbs. Roman legionnaires used it as a beverage. Cleopatra demonstrated its solvent property by dissolving precious pearls in it to win a wager that she could consume a fortune in a single meal. Hippocrates extolled its medicinal qualities and, indeed, it was probably one of our earliest remedies. Biblical references show how it was much used for its soothing and healing properties. And when Hannibal crossed the Alps, it was vinegar which helped pave the way. Obstructive boulders were heated and doused with vinegar, which cracked and crumbled them.

As recently as World War I, vinegar was being used to treat wounds. And today it is recommended for treatment of rashes, bites and other minor ailments when camping.

Im great at useless information,if you ever have a quetion which isstupid but you want to know just ask me:)(i know im sad but for some reason i see to know stupid stuff :(

dan