The Home Of European Paintball

Pure Energy 4500 PSI Bottle bought from Just Painball

Status
Not open for further replies.

G24UK

Banned
Jan 7, 2009
Hi,

In autumn 2006 I have bought an Ion package from http://www.justpaintball.co.uk/
It came with a Pure Energy 4500 PSI bottle. I have used it once or twice in these 2 years and most of the time it simply sat on my wardrobe empty. I wanted to go painballing again so I decided to check out the local dive shops in portsmouth and fill the bottle and test my ION, since it has been a while from the last time I used it.

Well I phoned up a couple and they said that 99% they will be able to fill up my bottle. It turned out they didnt have the correct fitting, but thats not the problem. One of the owners examined the bottle and told me some shocking news. He said that because it is USA stadard bottle(DOT) I will not be able to fill it or test it anywhere in the UK because of different regulations(It has to be CE or EN I think). Regarding to filling it he actually said it is illegal. Thats a little dissapointing as I thought UK shop would not sell something that illegal to use in the UK. Is this correct?

Here is the whole text from the side of the bottle:

Manufactured by CARLETON
0.625-18 UNF-2B USA CARLETON 29876
7.75MM 1.18KG 1.11L PW310 PH465 BAR
(Pi)0036 -40(degrees Celsius) 0036-001-06 D PTD QA 2006/05
VALVE TORQUE SETTINGS: 50 N-m - 60 N-m
-----------------------------------------------------------
DOT-E 11005 4500PSI M4927
TC-3FCM 68CI 310 BAR
6313-29876 05-IA03-06

And on the valve itself it says the following: 4500 26-06-S1

Any advice please?

Here are some pictures of the bottles(sorry bout the quality, only have my phone at hand at the moment)

G

Gassy

the pictures show it is also pi marked so is fine to fill in the UK.

its either a dual dot/pi test or a tri test bottle.

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
Dont know much about all of this, I am sure u will get a proper explanation from some one else. But on the third pic u can clearly see the pie sign I think that means it is OK to use in the UK from what I have heard on the mean streets of p8nt.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
As Gassy and Paintballjett have said it's PI marked so it's perfectly good to use. Your dive centre is not up on current legislation.

G24UK

Banned
Jan 7, 2009
What does Pie actually stand for? I understand that DOT is the US product safety standard like CE in Europe or EN in the UK, which is a body that tests pretty much all consumer equipment.

How often do I have to test this bottle with a professional examination? And where can I do it?

Im thinking of buying an adaptor to fill this bottle in the dive shop, can someone advice on which one to get?

Thanks for the replies, please bare with my endless questions :)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
What does Pie actually stand for? I understand that DOT is the US product safety standard like CE in Europe or EN in the UK, which is a body that tests pretty much all consumer equipment.

How often do I have to test this bottle with a professional examination? And where can I do it?

Im thinking of buying an adaptor to fill this bottle in the dive shop, can someone advice on which one to get?

Thanks for the replies, please bare with my endless questions :)
Every 5 years for the test, and hpac will sort you out.

I've made specific adaptors to take to a dive centre and fill your gun bottle, but you're going to pay around £3 - £5 for a fill. A dive bottle would be a better long term investment. Or just fill at your local tournament before leaving.

G24UK

Banned
Jan 7, 2009
I've made specific adaptors to take to a dive centre and fill your gun bottle.
You can make these yourself? Could you please elaborate on this or direct me to a thread here with some info.

Im not a regular with the paintball and I usually fill up on games and tournaments, but for an odd occasion like now I don't mind paying a fiver for refill.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
G24UK, why did you not first call Just Paintball and ask those guys, I'm sure they would have explained everything to you no problem ???????

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
You can make these yourself? Could you please elaborate on this or direct me to a thread here with some info.

Im not a regular with the paintball and I usually fill up on games and tournaments, but for an odd occasion like now I don't mind paying a fiver for refill.
Lips sell the fitting that connects to your bottle, but the dive centre will need to attach this to their equipment, so you'll need to ask them if they would do this.
I've made adaptors in the past that screw into the dive centres din fill lead, they were £30.

Status
Not open for further replies.