Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Racism in paintball

Equus

Honk! Parp! Toot!
Oct 12, 2001
London
Visit site
Not to long ago one of the guys I work with noticed I always seemed to have a paintball related site up on my screen, it was something he used to do so we got chatting. What he said to me got me thinking a bit. The person in question had played a lot, and found he really enjoyed speedball, with this in mind he set out to get his own kit and start playing tourney games. He met a team at his local site who invited him along to practise with them. While chatting to them he noticed that all of their markers had schwastickers engraved onto the grips, and in a couple of cases the markers body as well. Apparently a lot of things got said to him during the training time and as a result of this the friend in question didn't join the team and hasn't played ball since (he mentioned their was another incident a bit later at a field that really put an end to his enjoyment of paintball, but wouldn't tell me about this, nor what was said to him).

For a sport that's as up and coming as paintball if a few things like that where noticed by the media it could really set paintball's public acceptance back quite a way. The last thing the sport would want is even the hint of being considered a training ground for racist or other extremist groups.

Has anyone else had any experiences or opinions with this kind of thing at sites or with teams?

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
I remember playing my very first tournament about 3 years ago at Dragons Lair, and I remember seeing an Automag with a Swastika emblazoned on the grip. I can't remember who the team was, but I found that quite disturbing.....

d.

These incidents may have gone unchecked a few years ago, however paintball is no longer a wierdy beardy rambo wannabe sport.

If i saw anyone who displayed this kind of attitude, and i got to play against tehm, they would soon find me in their barricade mugging them in the testicles. 12 shots, just to make sure :p

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
Dude, that was BEFORE the war!! I think that EVERYONE knows what a swastika signifies these days. Now, people can have their beliefs and uphold their own values all they want.... but FACISM???!!! HELLOO??????