Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Reball centres

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Maybe it's to far to go, atleast on weekdays;) , but we have a great place if your team wants to get some serious training done.
We will work out a great price and you can stay at the arena for free:)

check out this tread for pictures:
http://www.splat.no/forum/showthread.php?t=17709
Now that is one hell of an offer.
Menace have shown how hard training pays off in the Millenium this year, and you can get to Oslo for under £20 return if you get the flights early.

Mario, as you worked there, just wondering if it is anything more than pure laziness that has caused fireball to lose popularity? Like location, pricing etc?
In Scandinavia there are several reball arenas which are going strong and so bringing their game up in leaps and bounds, im just wondering how they stay open yet fireball failed.

TheRenton

P8nt'in Yo Face Since 03
the reason its closed near enough permanent is becuase UK ballers give it all that, saying they wish to train and stuff and yet when it actually comes to it they cant be arsed...

same o, same o....
only myself and the owner of fireball frequent the place now, it's actually very cool for us when nobody else bothers coming :)

But yeah, it shut down cos everyone was all up for it when it opened, then couldn't be bothered making the effort and few weeks later (and i'm not talking new players).
The same people came time and time again but having 5 regular members doesn't make a good business so it has come to an end.
Expensive idea, which because of the mindset of players, didn't work (and possibly the demographic to)

EDIT: The pricing at fireball was good for what you get, unlimited use of the facility for a monthly fee or £20 a session (which is the same as one box of paintballs and you didn't have a time limit). Bernie looked very carefully into the venture and went over to Norway to see the centres so he knew how to do things.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Mario, as you worked there, just wondering if it is anything more than pure laziness that has caused fireball to lose popularity? Like location, pricing etc?
mikey, i can only think of one reason why it didn't work out. The location was fine, there were people coming from Darlington to train and they were happy to. As Renton said the cost was excellent. £20 to train as long as your want or £60 for a month unlimited playing. The facilities were superb imo. Astro turf, sup air bunkers, it was indoors, there was food and drink - albeit snacks but still...there was a shop where you could buy everything you needed or it could be ordered in for you. There was good public transport links and i should know because i used them every day.

Players just didn't turn up. And as such it wans't a viable option to keep it open. Thats the only reason.

Angus41

LORDS
Apr 23, 2006
D7s
www.myspace.com
If there was a place like fire-ball near me i would certainly use it on a frequent basis. It is the perfect way to train and at a cheap price too, i love the idea of indoor paintball gym's, its just a shame that people didn't use fireball.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
lump if you do make the trek upto fireball and wouldn't mind a tag-along, then give me a shout please :D been meaning to get there for a while :)