Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Remember the Egg? - its back but with a proper lid

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Just stumbled on this on techpb, normally gives me a headache to look at that site for more than a couple of minutes but I digress:

I always liked the egg apart from it falling to bits and the funny lid. $60 and 18 bps, force feed and eyes, made out of tough plastic this time as well apparently, if I get one I'm still going to wrap it in insulation tape to remind it of its heritage though.

Who actually shoots more than 12bps nowadays, is there any point spending £150 on a hopper when this can feed your marker as fast as you're going to fire it?

Last edited:

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I know it's not a popular opinion but I really do believe the rotor, while a fantastic hopper, simply isn't worth the price. Back in the days of all the marker manufactures racing to make the highest bps it would have been a god send but now we shoot relatively slow bp and markers have eyes so why do we need a force feed hopper that will feed 50bps.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Sssssh. You'll just upset everyone who bought one. Not to mention Dye, who are laughing all the way to the bank.`

Random Invert

Oct 27, 2008
N.Wales - Wrexham
www.outpostpaintball.co.uk
I know it's not a popular opinion but I really do believe the rotor, while a fantastic hopper, simply isn't worth the price. Back in the days of all the marker manufactures racing to make the highest bps it would have been a god send but now we shoot relatively slow bp and markers have eyes so why do we need a force feed hopper that will feed 50bps.
Its definitely over priced, I payed £90 brand new for mine as part of a package deal. But for its simplicity and reliability it cant be beaten (at least not at the moment) so the egg although a decent loader still has a long way to go.

Im disappointed the new egg hasnt kept more of its original shape.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Oh come on Guys tell the truth !! they were rubbish !! how many times did you find whilst playing with them the Lid just popped open ( the wrong way ) and then lost your balls, and if you played any more than 2 x rounds with them without changing the batteries... you were lucky. Now if your going to spend £1000 on a gun, why put a 10p hopper to make it do it`s job, just as well use caterpaults then stick a Rotor on so to make it feel expensive, If you`ve got a cheap gun then the hopper above is Great or perhaps you just want to save money. Ahh yes !!! I remember all those screws to undo hoppers but I`m trying to forget !!!

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Yes the egg 1 and 2 fell apart and were hard to strip but the 4 had just two push pins to take out to take apart. It looks like they have carried it over to the new one so stripping it won't be a problem. Battery life was also quoted as increased on the 4 so even if you have to put new ones in at the start of every day £100 will buy a lot of of batteries.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
when the rotor was first around, it was a little over £100 which was expensive but still competitively priced to make it worth it. whereas being £150+ now they are just so stupidly priced that i'm amazed people still buy them new!