Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Russian Legion Xball...

Magued

Jul 10, 2001
Visit site
I dont think some people understand what the deal is.
The Russian Legion with their 5 days /week practice and 5hours/day schedule are running away with it!

Think about it! They are actuelly going to work monday morning with their guns in a bag, having a morning coffee and saying hi to their team mates when they drop in at 08.00. then their coaches tell them what they will work on this week and then go at it for 2-3 hours before lunch. After lunch the play for 3 more hours doing a running and shooting drill on some bucket that are moving around. Day after day! With xball they only have to play 1 field every 3 month so they know every little angle after 50-60 sessions! Thats 5 hour session!

Im telling you guys now, the team we played in Amsterdam is the best team I have ever seen. They will win every single open xball game they play in the states and noone can stop them. I dont really know how good the NXL team are but I dont think anyone of them will stand a chance!

Okey we are not the best team in the world, far from it but they went thru us faster than we could go thru a rental group with old ladys! It was unreal..

Everything is now changed!

Magued Idris

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
Legion leap ahead.

Magued, while I agree with what your saying I believe its always been this way, one team sets the standard we all have to strive to attain. Now of course you need the raw talent to start with but if you have the ability to do what the Legion are doing you're going to do that. I know our team try to do as much as we can to improve, and with respect beating you guys is the next step on our ladder, and Legion is the next after that. Any league based sport should hopefully drag everyones ability to a higher level.
In the days of the woods and 10-man the Preds were head and shoulders above most teams for quite some time, but it was more a case of teams getting better rather than them getting worse that brought parity to the league back then. Even recently we've played with the Millenium with Dynasty apparently unbeatable.

Now I know this doesn't give any answers to how can we compete with that kind of resources, but what are we going to do, say we don't want to play against them because they are too good! I know after our performance at DMA the guys are straight back into training..........we do what we can because that's all you can do. Hey maybe one of us will win the lottery and can put in the sort of investment the legion are getting, in the mean time we prepare as best we can and hope we don't draw you guys till late in the weekend :D
Hopefully see you in Oslo;)
Steve.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There is a huge and significant difference betwen what the Preds did and what the Russians are now doing.

When the Preds did their stuff, we were all on a level playing field, give or take, this is not the case now.

The ethos whereby more talented teams can drag everyone up in terms of standard is limited, upward does not mean equal and never will be if this resource differential is maintained.
Now, I can be as partial as I like in wanting and hoping Nexus will get there but I'm afraid I might as well go and piss in the wind if I reasonably expect us to compete with them, we can't, nobody in Europe can...end of, and all the rhetoric in the world ain't gonna change that one iota.

All that is left (apart from the hope of a lottery windfall) is that we as paintballers can learn from them while this disparity lasts, that is all, anythng more is just bull$hit !!!

Bunker Imp

Dye Paintball
Apr 24, 2003
Kent
i do agree with u pete.

its a shame really as there are soo many ballers in the UK and Europe including myself who would definantly put the effort in too training to this calliber if we could, and i reckon Euros would be able to compete with the russkies if we could only get the chance.

we can only hope that in years to come we can somehow get to this level.

J

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Bunker Imp
i do agree with u pete.

its a shame really as there are soo many ballers in the UK and Europe including myself who would definantly put the effort in too training to this calliber if we could, and i reckon Euros would be able to compete with the russkies if we could only get the chance.

we can only hope that in years to come we can somehow get to this level.

J
J, I'm afraid, like a lot of things, it all comes down to money, if you got it, you got it, if you ain't, hard luck Bucko !!!

The RL have Sergey as their helmsman and financier, brains as well as financial brawn, it don't get no better than that :)

And by the way, the Russkies are European too J, leastwise as long as Moscow stays this side of the Urals they are :)

Bunker Imp

Dye Paintball
Apr 24, 2003
Kent
Originally posted by Robbo
J, I'm afraid, like a lot of things, it all comes down to money, if you got it, you got it, if you ain't, hard luck Bucko !!!

The RL have Sergey as their helmsman and financier, brains as well as financial brawn, it don't get no better than that :)

And by the way, the Russkies are European too J, leastwise as long as Moscow stays this side of the Urals they are :)
:( sorry pete i havnt slept in 50 hours. although i have just had a AS geography exam a few days ago and u would of thought that something like that would of stayed in my head, but no.:D

i understand what you mean pete. i only get to train twice a week in summer with Atmosphere, (once in winter). and with the russkies(Euros):D getting to train there 5 days a week they are just going to be purely better than the rest of us.

but with the talent we have taking nexus as an example (purely an example) :D with the training that the russians have nexus could compete at the exact same level if not better.

its just a shame that this damn thing called money makes the world go round and we have to be busy earning it:(

Jas

evil sharks matt

JUST DO IT _/
Jan 6, 2003
X
i dont think you will see em playing any 7 man this year at all, which i think excludes em from the pro bracket it next years NPPL. So that leaves em with open X at the psp. but with all this crap happening with the NXL I wouldnt be suprised to see X ball at the NPPL in the very near future. (imo)