Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shouldn't there be a test?

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
If I asked you to change the brakes on your car could you do it?
After considerable research or being taught by someone to do so, yes.

If not does that make you stupid?
If I can't be taught to change the brakes on a car, then yes, that would make me stupid. If I can't currently change the brakes on a car without instruction in how to do so, that would make me unqualified to change brakes on cars.

Why do people think because you can spell and write really well you’re intelligent?
If you can write well, then you are at least intelligent enough to be taught or learn how to write well. If you can not write well, you may be too stupid to learn how to write well. Even if you are smart enough to learn how to write well, if you have not done so, that makes you unqualified to have an intelligent discussion in a written format.

I don't want to have my brakes changed by somebody who doesn't know how to change brakes, and I don't want to have a written discussion with someone who can't write.

That said, it would appear your writing skills are quite sufficient.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Knowledge cannot be used to measure intelligence. If someone (without a disability) cannot write properly, it means they are uneducated (and fair game for ridicule), not unintelligent.

Having said that, it's pretty sad to see guys like Buddah come on here and write in perfect English whilst others speaking English as a first language write things like "I bort a mask". Seriously, I think the kid who was raised by wolves could spell better than that (wolf being his first language).

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It's quite interesting to witness how we look on people who we describe as stupid .... we cannot ever ridicule people for being born the way they are .... there are always gonna be people who aren't as gifted in the intelligence department as others.

There is no way we can look down on people because of how they were born, that's just insane.

The problem I have is, we seem to have an academic underclass who attended school but were too bone-ass lazy to listen, or to work.....these people unsurprisingly then graduate with first class honours in Stupidity.

They can't spell for sh!t, and have no command of our mother tongue and
if you cannot talk, spell or write properly then you can't think properly... people think linguistically and if your vocabulary is compromised / limited then so is your ability to think.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for people who fall into this category because their disability is prolonged by their own laziness.
We have in this country great opportunities for further education once leaving school and if you are stupid because you didn't work at school and you then go on to decline any further education, then you deserve the ridicule that comes your way.

Life tends to uphold the tenet of 'you take out what you put in' and if you are stupid because you elected to be (by default) then life will reward you with a full time job at MacDonalds.