The Home Of European Paintball

Smart Parts reputation?

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
Ethics play no part in business. .
think about what you say before you say it. Its stupid to say ethics has no part in business. Think of the massive amount of sales that Fair Trade has generated, this is because the people buying the products perceive that choosing that particular brand is going to help people in less developed countries. Whether it works or not is another matter (it doesnt).

Kevy D

Retired, lol
Aug 6, 2007
Northern Quarter
I've had a couple of SP markers (ion & ND Shocker NXT) - both were great gats, and that's coming from a "Planet Eclipse Whore". So my personal opinion is that the markers are good quality and shoot nicely. I only ever had one problem with mine and that was from "tinkering" so it was my own fault.

CLOTHING on the other hand.... pfffft! Had 2 sets of pants now that have ripped badly after 2 games (knees and groin). To be fair, one pair was replaced by SP which is good but for it to happen again is a little disappointing (so basically, it's quality of products, not customer service issues). My SP jersey has also frayed badly and ripped since then.... DOH.

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
snore

SP guns are just as good as any other ones. all will break if you dont treat them ok. People will upgrade **** on any guns regardless of brand.
Very true....

I have owned two Ions and a Shocker SFT and I have had problems with all of them. As Lovetone says however there are problems with all guns if you dont look after them. Most of the problems I had were from user error not SP's manufacture. The only gripe I have about SP is their money saving quality problems. The Ion for example is an amazing gat for the cash but a few simple problems could have been saved if SP had spent a little more cash and then raised the price respectively. The first Ion I had was, to say the least, poorly manufactured with the body poorly fitting and the frame badly milled; now I understand that I could have had a bad one but I still think that for £150 I got an amazing deal. People can not expect an amazingly built marker that has no problems for under £200.
James

Dillworth

Jul 9, 2008
South Coast, Hampshire
just been reading through what people have said about the smart parts ion, this was my first marker, and still have it, in my eyes its a lovely marker, i cant compare them to another marker because i have only used the ION, its a great marker, well reliable, easy to fix, easy and great to maintain, just treat it with respect and it will show you the same back, lovely marker, i think i paid £150 for mine brand new not to sure was a while back now, but you can pick up a good 2nd hand one for around £100 mark, or maybe less

Dragunova

Condemned Paintball
My Vibe is the first marker i'v ever owned, got it from Lips in WGC for about £95, it shoots about 11bps and after shooting about 12,000 balls through it so far have only broken 1. It is however a ****ing pig if it breaks. Which it has done a few times, The ASA decided to pretty much remove itself during a game, and the little componenet that tells me when the battery is dead or dead-ing doesn't work. So basically the marker just dies suddenly and with no reason behind it... I accept that i probably got a duff marker, but overall it has worked incredibly well, especially for the price and i would reccomend it for a new player. Most people would reccomend spending a wee bit more for the ION, but if you're new (like me) the Vibe has a simple bolt out back and is easy to maintain. I would reccomend a new barrel as the stock is only 8" and using my freinds 14" a few days ago really boosted the accuracy...

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Personally when I get a gun eitehr new or second hand, I make sure all the fixtures and fittings are...well...fitted correctly, and torqued to the right level, including ASA's.

Also, most people change their battery before each days play, espeically on markers without a reliable battery indicator. Most are sketchy at the best of times, so better safe than sorry.