Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Triple 7 Option

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just thought you guys might like to know about an option that Laurent is now considering for Toulouse.

Since he finds it impossible to cap the number of teams entering (The number I hear is in the order of 180.), it is obvious that something has to give if he is to cater for all the extra teams he now has clambering to play.

So what gives?

Well, rather than cap and maintain the quality for all the teams who have been supporting him over the years, he is now seriously considering the Triple 7 option and this is 7 man play 7 games of 7 minutes each.
Yeah you got that right, game time is cut by 3 mins and the number of games cut from 10 to 7.
Any mention of a reduction in entrance fee ?
Like hell there is !!!!

Nice to feel as though us customers are merely hostages to Laurent’s pockets !!!!
:rolleyes:

The Muppet show rolls on and on......

KEN@AFGM

Snake player of choice!
Aug 6, 2001
Brighton
Visit site
Bollocks to that!!

If Laurent doesn't want to cap the number of teams then he can extend the tourney a day. Over 4 days inbetwwen now and then i'm sure he can work out his profit percentages so that he can make the targets he must have. If Laurent does go 7 min rule then the others will follow suit. The next thing will be 8 games in the prelims not 10. Then even shorter games. Where will it end?

On another note the Portugal thing about 4 loo's for 91 teams.(Really annoying me for some reason)
In construction we have to provide 1 loo per 10 men on site. Now you don't need that many at at tourney but what about something in the mill rules like 1 per 50 based on a prediction of teams. I know one of the german organisers thought that Germany would top out at 100 plus and posted that several weeks ago. So don't tell me you can't plan for it till the final minute cus you can..... easily.

Just a thought this late at night

Ken

7 freakin' games, gimme a break.

Now the whole question is - if he decides on 7 games in the prelims - will he really have to worry about too many teams attending?

Kind of a catch 22 - he leaves the number of games at 10 and he gets 180 teams - this causing him to have to cut the number of games to 7 - now teams say "no thanks" and he doesn't have 180 teams...

Welcome to Millennium math - brought to you by the same people responsible for 3000 euro X-Ball that actually costs 6000....

Now on the other hand - I do like the idea of shorter games - get some teams off their asses.

goose

P.S. Pete did you try to get in touch with me tonight??

R

raehl

Well

I think one minute per man is the way paintball SHOULD be played. College ball has been 5-minute 5-man games since... well, forever. Stalemates are rare, just gotta learn to earn your win.

As for 7 games instead of 10.... I think you guys are spoiled. ;) Nobody over here gets a guaranteed 10 game minimum.

- Chris

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
so u mean we get to go all that way pay the full amount for 7 games , mmmm nope dont think so . if hes getting a large amounts of teams wanting to go extend it an extra day rather then reducing the games

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Well

Originally posted by raehl
I think one minute per man is the way paintball SHOULD be played. College ball has been 5-minute 5-man games since... well, forever. Stalemates are rare, just gotta learn to earn your win.

As for 7 games instead of 10.... I think you guys are spoiled. ;) Nobody over here gets a guaranteed 10 game minimum.

- Chris
Chris
Yet again you miss the point! No suprise ther really!

Piper

Dannefaerd

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2001
New Zealand
www.whatever.net.nz
Be interesting to see how this pans out ... and if something official is released. There are teams looking at travelling from Aussie and NZ this year and next to events ... and a major drawcard for the Millennium is the number of games played .... if that drops then NPPL S7 begins to look slightly more attractive (8 games vs. 7) .....