Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The Triple 7 Option

Laurent Hamet

cuzziworthit
Apr 2, 2003
Dear Robbo,

With all the respect I have for you, I am disapointed by your attitude toward the Millennium.
I know that a lot of things need to be improve especially after the portugal event. The 2003 millennium will be a good edition even if the first tournament was bad and the millennium promoter will face their responsability and will make sure that this week-end will never happen again.

Regarding Toulouse, you have got wrong informations. We were planning to have 7 games per team in 7 minutes ( total ) and during one day. Now I am even planning to take the money and to cancel the event and to take some holidays with Jerry Braun!

Just for your information, We are right now working on the Toulouse event that we have called " beyond imagination". We will put a show beyond imagination and we are planning to make a tournament that nobody will forget. We will spoil teams, refs, spectators, vendors.....and that event should be a reference for many years.
Do not forget, that I have always invest a lot of time, effort and money to promote paintball especially through the 7 man world cup and also the Millennium because I love this sport.
The day where paintball will be recognised as a true sport by the olympic commitee I will probably retired.
See you in Vegas .

alvaro

Jul 17, 2001
portugal and poland
Visit site
The Millennium will not change the number of games or the game time till the end of this year.
Toulouse will be 10 minutes games and also 10 preliminaries games.
Laurent has confirmed this information and also that the current format will stay till the end of 2003.

Alvaro

Hey Lauren

Now that you've joined up, maybe you could be an info feed to tha players here, cos that's part of tha problem - lack of contact, lack of info, lack of involvement, with tha player base.

And since, without wishing to blow our own trumpet too much, this is THE place where Euro ballers tend to hang, why not USE IT as a sounding board and a meeting place for your ideas and opinions and tha players...that's what used to happen to some degree.

The medium is here dude...and you or someone appointed by you needs to take advantage of it and listen to what the people here think and keep em informed.

Only my not-particularly-humble opinion y'understand.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Baca !

Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
I have ALWAYS advocated shorter game times, because it makes for more interesting paintball (I think) - and yes... it WOULD allow promoters to put more teams in an event..... but if it serves the purpose of making our sport more fastpaced, interesting and put greater emphazis on training and skill, I'm ALL for it !
While we usually agree Nick, I think you're mistaken this time. If 7 is better than 10 why not 5? Surely that must be better than 7? At some point that argument becomes patently silly. The question is, where is that point?
You see limited time forcing teams to act while I see just the opposite. Lesser teams will be just as inclined to sit and zone up cos they know they 'big boys' will come to them. It's just a shorter game. As to evenly matched teams seems you want to force not the action, but the style of play.

R

raehl

I wouldn't use it as a sounding board...

Because half of the people here seem intent on jumping down the Millenium Board's throat at the mere suggestion of anything the players could possibly find mildly unpleasant.

You guys are consumers. You'll find out when the producer has made the decision and wants to tell you. You are not entitled to be part of the decision making process, and if you want to be, you better get off your butts, form some sort of players organization, and make yourself part of it.

If you aren't serious enough about what you want to be bothered to do that, the Millenium Board shouldn't waste their time listening to you either.

- Chris

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Laurent Hamet
Dear Robbo,

With all the respect I have for you, I am disapointed by your attitude toward the Millennium.
I know that a lot of things need to be improve especially after the portugal event. The 2003 millennium will be a good edition even if the first tournament was bad and the millennium promoter will face their responsability and will make sure that this week-end will never happen again.

Regarding Toulouse, you have got wrong informations. We were planning to have 7 games per team in 7 minutes ( total ) and during one day. Now I am even planning to take the money and to cancel the event and to take some holidays with Jerry Braun!

Just for your information, We are right now working on the Toulouse event that we have called " beyond imagination". We will put a show beyond imagination and we are planning to make a tournament that nobody will forget. We will spoil teams, refs, spectators, vendors.....and that event should be a reference for many years.
Do not forget, that I have always invest a lot of time, effort and money to promote paintball especially through the 7 man world cup and also the Millennium because I love this sport.
The day where paintball will be recognised as a true sport by the olympic commitee I will probably retired.
See you in Vegas .

Laurent, you have only to look through all the issues of PGI to discover what I thought about your input to this sport.
I think you would agree, there has been no greater advocate for what you have done for us and I have often commented upon and admired your vision for our sport and the way it manifested itself in the Toulouse tournament.
Just look back at what I have said about the Toulouse tournaments over the years.
Now if you feel my attitude to you is wrong or distasteful, then something has obviously changed.
Well, I ain't mate, I am still the same guy you always knew, I believe it is you who has changed and lost sight of the very people who you say you cater for.
In your desperation to make Paintball mainstream, I believe you forgot to touch base with the players themselves.
And it's not just you, other members of the board have been similarly infected with this loss of consideration for the player and common sense.
Laurent, as you are well aware, I have always been friendly with you, but I ask you this much, if you were on a field judging and you saw me play on, would you call me out and ‘one for one’ me ?
Of course you would, I would expect noting less from you. our friendship in that sense is academic, you have a job to do and you would do it well.
Similarly, I am a journalist / commentator of our sport and if you guys f##k up, then I am gonna criticise you, make no mistake about that, I am not going to ignore what you guys have been doing lately just because you are a friend.
And it seems ironic to me, since you bought up the name of Jerry Braun, that you were the first to applaud and agree with me concerning all my comments / attacks over the years on Jerry and his World Cups and I am being EQUALLY honest with my opinions regarding the Millennium and yet now you don’t like it !!!!!
We all make mistakes Laurent, what sorts the men from the boys is, that some of us, put our hands up, accept the guilt and make things better and not go into hiding like little boys or attack the people making the criticisms.
I am going to Vegas as you know, if you want, we will sit down and sort all this out, if you don’t want, then no problem !
Pete

R

raehl

Nick...

Where's the sounding board for Disney World? The last stadium concert you went to? Club one? For the local video arcade?

Some consumer products companies DO maintain consumer help/comment lines - but so does Millenium - all of the main organizer's emails are publically available. If you got something to say, get in touch with them and say it.

Listening to consumers is standard practice - but sounding boards are not, nor is indiscriminently listening to consumers. Consumers don't have to make sure you make payroll.

Elsewhere in sports, things are run by a player's organization. That doesn't happen in paintball because the players are (generally) too lazy to do it right. Elsewhere in business, the people who make the decisions are so far removed from the consumer it's not even funny.

Maybe the millenium board should just hire a low wage lackey to man the phones and deliver canned company-line responses to consumer inquiry when they call. Would that make you feel better?

- Chris

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Pete !

Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
So - tell us about some of your mistakes ??
Would saying "tactics have no place in paintball - it's all about technique" be one of them ??
:D ;) :p
Nick

Ouch !!!! You Danish Bast#rd !!!!!

That statement as you well know was made in the 'transition' period of paintball when we were all finding our feet on Sup 'Air.
Times have changed and so have I :)

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
In refererence to all of Raehl's statements (which I rarely ever agree with) I sure as hell would never want to be a consumer of any product you sell. Your business philosophy is way off line. I am beginning to wonder why we let you post here again?:rolleyes:

BWillie

Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
Maybe the millenium board should just hire a low wage lackey to man the phones and deliver canned company-line responses to consumer inquiry when they call. Would that make you feel better?

I know someone who resembles that remark.
You *******.