Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

This is different

Bigdog

Aug 3, 2001
Docklands
Visit site
Originally posted by dr.strangelove
And if you look at the maxflo, it has only one output. You probably mistook the fill nipple and on-off switch, it only has one output.
Nope, a bit hard to mistake 4 bits when there should only be 3.
Fill nipple is on the side of the reg closest to the tank, on/off tap is below that, output has the hose connected, but what is the extra little piece below that?
Maybr they have not finished it yet, could be a sort of CAD design/photoshop pic, to keep the punters interested, it says the marker will be available in spring 03, I think it will look quite different when it sells.
Why would SP have an eclipse DF on their new marker on their site? The pic just doesn't feel right, but I still like it.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I've had an e-mail from Graham Easton at Smart Parts, confirming that is the real thing and that it will be due out in April/May :) Woot!

My Apologies for inferring that it may have been photoshopped.

I can't wait to see one for real and try one out! :D

manike

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Actually, no matter what Graham says, it looks like a prototype design picture...it could be a real pic, but to me it looks like a really good design photo with realistic shading and whatnot.

The (bad) pic of the Nerve looks like a finished version of the 03 Shocker...if you look at everything, the Nerve looks like the 03 Shocker with an air chamber up front.

As far as the extra nib on the bottom of the regulator, it's the blow-off valve. If you used to own an old-style Shocker it was that stupid brass piece that you had to wrap your fingers around if you mounted your reg vertically.

SP has always maintained that you only need their tank regulator, so they like to use a Gas-Through Foregrip, and it looks like they did what WDP finally did with their Angels...if you remember the old LED Angels they had a little tube going from the regulator ASA to the gun body, via the grip frame.

To me, the only way they can keep calling their main marker a "Shocker" is if it has two solenoids, a poppet valve, and a ram. They'll have to do some pretty fancy arranging if they can keep all that AND improve the Shocker's gas-hog reputation.

Dr. Strangelove: If you don't think people "fudge" things a little I know a used car salesman who'd love to meet you.

SP has always been a little behind the times with their Shocker design, and it's nice to see that they've gotten rid of the "clunkyness" of their regulator...I really liked my old Shocker, but the interior was a mess of wires 'cause SP was like Budd Orr with the "Straight from the factory, Stock, is good enough for everyone" attitude and I added little things that should've come standard (like a blinking LED and an On/Off switch...the blinking LED was easier to tell if it was on or not in bright sunlight)...one of my old teammates was reminiscing that I was always good for at least one or two eliminations a game with that gun...I actually liked tall guns, but the fact that I could only shoot five pods made me switch...first to an Angel (Cobra modified, but I can't shoot an Angel)...then to an Intimidator, mostly because it feels like my backup 'Cocker and was super reliable for me (and I had access to all the mods), and now to a GZ...the fire rate of the GZ is awesome and so is the reliability and the fact that if you have the right barrel (I really only need 2 barrels, a 0.694" and a 0.700" but lately I've been using a 0.689" for supersmall paint), it'll shoot any kind of paint but I still miss the accuracy of my Shocker. I occasionally break out my backup gun, my STO, just so I remember what it's like to hit someone on the little toe on the first three shots, but the way that I play now (I'm the guy who's supposed to give the other team a heart attack) I have to have an E-gun, especially if it rains...oh well, times they are-a-changing.

Ray:rolleyes:

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
It's just what seems to work best. You can use smaller ID barrels (Little John uses 0.689") but everyone I know who uses a smaller ID barrel either only shoots two pods a game, and/or they're so close to their target that they never notice breaks or lack of accuracy. The 0.700" was suggested to me by Bob Long for really, really bad practice paint and it seems to work great. With the 0.694" 12"barrel (both are custom...I lost track of my stock barrel when I put it away 'cause it looked too thin for my post-hole-digging tendencies) I actually seem to have better accuracy than my 0.692" 14" barrels and I can shoot through a break quicker, and cleaner (I never chop, but I occasionally have to shoot through a dirt plug or I occasionally get a break in the last half of the barrel...it doesn't matter what ID I'm using) with the 0.694". The only downside is if I'm using supersmall (0.684" or smaller) paint, my air efficiency goes down...I just have to turn my velocity up, but the gun still functions perfectly (assuming the balls don't slip past the ball detent). I like the 14" barrels though for Hyperball and inflatables so I'm thinking of having one of them (the insert) bored out to 0.694".

Ray

Ray