The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann 98 Custom Starter Kit

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
Hey guys,

I've been doing woodsball paintball on and off now for a year or so, and now I want to start playing a lot more. So i'm going to buy my own marker etc and was wandering does anyone know where I can buy a Tippmann 98 Custom Starter Kit, or something similar.

Btw, I want to buy the marker etc from the UK.

Thanks, Dan.

bhp addict

HMC - Diamond Wars 2010!
May 22, 2009
Birmingham/Coventry
There's one on here mate

I went with a 98c as my first marker

try to get one of the newer models with ACT(anti chop tech)

I have thought about selling mine, but they are so reliable and easy to maintain

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
tbh, i would go for something abit above a 98.
alot of sites use 98's and rentals, so there isnt much point in buying one.

have you had a look at the SP1?
thats what i would go for if i played woodsball. (even tho i dont play it, i still want one :D)

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
I'd look at some other models to be honest mate, as Mactosh said most sites use 98's as rental markers anyway.

IS air available at your local site? or just Co2?

For woodsball i'd go for an SP1 from what i've heard of them (i've not got any 1st hand experience though mind...)

Durajim

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2009
Reading
Hey guys,

I've been doing woodsball paintball on and off now for a year or so, and now I want to start playing a lot more. So i'm going to buy my own marker etc and was wandering does anyone know where I can buy a Tippmann 98 Custom Starter Kit, or something similar.

Btw, I want to buy the marker etc from the UK.

Thanks, Dan.
lo,

Considered getting something other than a 98 (Or similar)?

If you get a 98 with a gravity fed hopper and stuff (Which is probably what you're going to get with one of those starter kits) you're not going to be much better off or have much of (if any) an advantage of the punters using the site gear, sure, it might be in a bit better condition and look a bit nicer, but that's really the end of the advantage, unless the site really doesn't maintain their equipment well.

Consider looking at a cheapie second hand marker off of these forums, have a look around, speak to people at walk-on days at your local site, test some markers out and learn the lay of the land! Information is your most valuable commodity when purchasing something (anything!) that you don't know much about!

And whatever you do, don't discount 'tournament' (The ones that look like space guns :p) markers, they're generally lighter than woodsball markers and just as good! They don't have the military feel that the woodsball markers might have though, so each to their own when it comes to that :)

Bottom line: Make an informed decision, you could plow money into a 98 and never make it any better and when you get round to selling it, find out that the 600 quid marker you've put together is worth 80 quid on these forums

Also investigate your site's facilities when it comes down to what they fill, Co2 or Air, If it's only Co2, you'll have a tough time using anything other than a mechanical marker unless you find somewhere else to fill your tank.

Cheers :)