Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ugh guys what can I expect at a team practise?!

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Ok my words of advice....

1)Go out and have FUN!!! Just because it is a 1st time practice with a new team don't loose sight of the FUN Factor!

2) Play as hard as you can and don't over think things! Teams love players who give 120%

3) Accept Constructive Critisism. It's only going to make you better and your soon to be team mates will respect the fact that you are receptive to learning how to become better!

Damn I should start my own team!:D

Bone

Emulsified!
Sup'Air ball does come from super air ball, its the name they came up with after hyper ball and speed ball, which are both fast games played on roughly the same sized fields only with solid "concept" bunkers (industrial piping, plywood pyramids, etc...) instead of the inflatable cylinders and cones and other shapes of the Super air ball field (which are where the AIR part comes from).

I don't know if there is a standard size for the tapelines, although i think there are limits which depend on the team size.
Generally they are about a quarter of the size of a full size football pitch. I think.

As for what counts as a hit.....i've lived with the rule that if you get a solid lump of paint on you that is the same size as or bigger than a 2p coin, you are hit. (and thats anywhere on you; gun, mask, pod-pack, whatever).......can be hard to judge sometimes when you get an obscene amount of spray in the face over a period of time.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Peter

• Okay head shots obviously count but do weapon shots count like hoppers and the like or do you still need some paint on the player?
  • what size are the concept fields eg: Sup'Air
  • One that's been buggin' me what's the Sup in Sup'air?!
  • How old are most players I see loads of profiles saying played for 7 years and the look my age - Im 19...
  • How far up and away can you get what's the best of best player in the UK doing?

Like I said a couple of moronic ones but still useful for me.
A few answers for you Peter
1) A shot that breaks on any part of the player or his/her equipment. This includes pots, squeegies etc, but pots that have been emptied and discarded don't count.
2) In theory a sup'air field can be any size, but the Millennium Rules state that a 7 player field should be a minimum of 2000 square metres and the length cannot exceed twice the width. As the Millennium Series is the premiere series of tournament in Europe (and arguably the world right now) this sets the ideal standard. "Local" tourneys you can expect the fields to be a bit smaller more often than not.
3) Technically sup'air is the name of one particular type of field using inflatable bunkers. There are other makes but this was the first, rather like calling vacuum cleaners "Hoovers" & food mixers "Kenwood Chefs".
4) Player ages - anything from around 14 to somewhere in their 50s. Millennium rules state the minimum age for their tournaments is 14 with written parental permission otherwise 16, the 2002 Series in the north of England says 14 minimum age. Peak ages can be anything from 18 to mid-30s, earlier than that not enough experience & older than that getting a bit too slow & unfit in general though of course there are exceptions. Most players tend to be in this teens-30s bracket.
5)The best in the UK play for teams that play international tournaments e.g. round Europe in the Millennium Series & the top events in the USA. No paid-to-play yet in the UK but near enough full sponsorship for the top elite teams. Robbo has just held trials for the English (UK?) team for something called "X-ball" which will be a sort of Nations Cup event to be held in the US later this year, so representing your country is now open to the best players. It would be very hard to judge a best of the best player as an idividual as its a team sport & team dynamics has a big impact on individual performance, plus of course different players will be better at different positions. Even the type of game played can affect this, as woodland & sup'air need slightly differing skills. But as a rough guide, take Robbo's selections for the X-ball as probably the best of the young super-fit ultra fast brigade, & most players from the really top UK teams like Banzai, JCS Imperial, Shockwave etc as being elite.