Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk Teams!!

How seriously do you take your paintball?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tartan Blaster

Dec 1, 2005
Stirling, Scotland
Visit site
The actual on field shooting at people type of training should only be a minimal part of your training. With most sports, playing the actual game, or a "lighter" form of the game (scrimmaging) is less than 25% of the time spent training. And with the coming of things like Reballs, things have gotten even easier for you lot...
Face it people, you have no excuse anymore. Stop making up pussy excuses. Either treat paintball as a hobby, or treat it as a sport and train at least 3 times a week...

It sounds hard but like he says the actual playing of paintball is only a tiny part of actual training, most training will simply be boosting your overall fitness (speed, reaction, awareness and decreasing the target:rolleyes: ) but I think I can do it quite well simply playing other sports. I play tennis at quite at a reasonable level and I find that coming back from paintball training my tennis game is much improved and I think I would see the same going the other way if I managed to actually play more. But tennis I believe contains speed, acceleration, awareness, upper body strength and quick reactions so I wouldn't think that getting in the 3 times a week that hard (if only I could get the 25% paintball training). I hope I'm interperting you correctly budha but if I am the only criticism is to not make it sound so dam hard. Like going to the park and sprinting? no one is going to do that but if you tell someone to simply go out and play a game of football (proper games not a kick round with your mates) or any other sport you would get a much better reaction as just keeping your body in a good state to play ball isn't that difficult but you make it sound like it is.
That was rambling on abit but I hope I got to point sorry if I didn't.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I agree with most of what you say. Tennis is a game that probably has some benefit for a paintball player, in that it involves short bursts of speed and sudden changes of direction.

Yes, it is ofcourse good to keep your overall fitness level up, but you would also have to train specific, paintball related types of movement. I think having a kick about doesn't quite cut it. Why is it so hard to go to the park and do some sprinting?
The effort you have to put in all depends on the level you want to play at. Don't train for the level you are on, train for the level you want to achieve...