Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Universe

JWarren

www.khayos.co.uk
Mar 11, 2009
Billingham/Teeside
www.khayos.co.uk
I often wonder about the structure of the universe and I would love to see peoples opinions :) What is the Universe? Where is it contained? Is it the only one? Does it just stop at a certain point or is it infinite? Feel free to add any other theories aswell.

EDIT: Be as creative and imaginative as you want

glenn

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2008
Stockton-on-tees
well the universe is expanding and always changing.

going from my very sketchy memory

yes there is an edge to the universe but it is expanding outside of that there is nothing.

the universe is made up of star systems (planets going around a star) like ours and these star systems orbit what they believe to be black holes in galaxies

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Actually, the universe is made up of galaxies, of which, they are made up of stars, planets, asteroids, meteors, huge big-ass gas clouds that can be zillions of miles across and Tottenham supporters....

On average, there are hundreds of billoins of stars in a galaxy and there are hundreds of billions of galaxies; our star system has 9 planets whizzing around it, just think of the possible number of planets in the universe (after those number of stars and galaxies I have just mentioned) and it is statistically impossible for us to be the only living inhabitants ...well, as close to impossible as you can get.

I don't think these threads are gonna be enhanced by any Google experts because they can be spotted a mile off and so please refrain from cutting and pasting Wikipedia extracts .......but there is one thing I found quite fascinating because classical opinions had the rate of expansion of the universe decreasing but, it was found to be increasing ......if so, WTF is causing that acceleration into oblivion ...food for thought maybe?

O.G reborn

Jan 29, 2008
actually, the universe is made up of galaxies, of which, they are made up of stars, planets, asteroids, meteors, huge big-ass gas clouds that can be zillions of miles across and tottenham supporters....

.......but there is one thing i found quite fascinating because classical opinions had the rate of expansion of the universe decreasing but, it was found to be increasing ......if so, wtf is causing that acceleration into oblivion ...food for thought maybe?

god!

JWarren

www.khayos.co.uk
Mar 11, 2009
Billingham/Teeside
www.khayos.co.uk
Yeah I don't get that either. How can space expand into space which doesn't exist? Big bang theory could be discussed aswell. All those billions of planets, galaxies, black holes formed from a single point. Weird huh, Gets you thinking in a morning doesn't it. My head hurts :(

Vegard

Dec 5, 2002
Norway
Visit site
but there is one thing I found quite fascinating because classical opinions had the rate of expansion of the universe decreasing but, it was found to be increasing ......if so, WTF is causing that acceleration into oblivion ...food for thought maybe?
To really be able to answer that we'd have to know what lies beyond the horizon, but since we see back in time whenever we look out into the universe we probably won't know anytime soon :)

If anyone speak Norwegian I can go on alot more about the subject, I'll have to read up on the English terms :p