Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

University Paintball 2009

Frenchman117

Jul 15, 2009
Redditch
Hey, the last thread seems to have died about university paintball. Is there currently a University Paintball League? If yes, which uni's are involved. If no, is there a way we can set one up?

Frenchman117

Jul 15, 2009
Redditch
If we get enough support and backing from the Universities, then costs can stay low and participation high.
I might be thinking a bit far ahead, but if it's successful enough then sponsorship could follow and maybe even TV rights. This isn't just an opportunity to bring paintballing to universities but also bring paintballing to the eye of the nation and finally get large scale competitions and leagues

glenn

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2008
Stockton-on-tees
you need a certain amount of people in a society to get money from the students union (30 is sticking in my head but youll have to confirm this yourself as im sure each union is different)

why not just play in one of the established series

it might even be possible if your nice to the organisors they might even let you tag a uni division into the events. This might even promote the uni teams to the younger players who will be going to uni.

jagerpirate

--East Coast NV--
Oct 26, 2007
Aberdeen
If we get enough support and backing from the Universities, then costs can stay low and participation high.
I might be thinking a bit far ahead, but if it's successful enough then sponsorship could follow and maybe even TV rights. This isn't just an opportunity to bring paintballing to universities but also bring paintballing to the eye of the nation and finally get large scale competitions and leagues
sorry mate but thats a thought that should be sent to bed early, UK paintball isn't going to be on TV, let alone UK uni paintball, not now, not ever.

The best person to talk to is probably Kitty, she used to run the interuni league and last time I spoke to her knew what was going on, I think it went belly up tho, Im sure some more in the know will pop up soon.

urbangreg

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2008
Walsall
www.warpedgear.com
it will never happen. theres not enough young people out there in uni willing to pay the money to start it all off anyway.

and tv is far far far from pro paintball it does get shown in the usa i believe. and i believe thats a rare ocassion correct me if i am wrong

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
the uni league held one event last year. University of East anglia (my uni) Birmingham, Leeds and University of west england took part, brum did the organizing but it all fell apart! any more qs let me know :)

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
it will never happen. theres not enough young people out there in uni willing to pay the money to start it all off anyway.

and tv is far far far from pro paintball it does get shown in the usa i believe. and i believe thats a rare ocassion correct me if i am wrong
The American collegiate league is filmed and shown in Mcdonalds and sold as dvds

...that being said this aint america and we dont play like americans

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
There are (or were, not really sure) a few uni teams floating about, but the interuni league went tits up and completely stopped. There was thread about it a while back.

I'm not sure on the status of any uni teams anymore, but you could try and generate interest for another tourney if you can find out who's still willing to get involved.

Another good idea was the University Barbarians. They were a national team who aimed to play any event they could get a team for, all you had to be was a cardholding university member with your own kit and a good attitude. I think they've been quiet for quite a while though, I only got into paintball last december, so I've no idea.

urbangreg

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2008
Walsall
www.warpedgear.com
well i dont know wether i would qualify as uni. becuase i am am based at a college but studying a university course. hnc in civil engineering so i dont know if i would qualify as being in uni.