Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Unscrewing gas tank.

Rellizate

Feb 6, 2008
Hey,

I screwed in my 0.8l 3000psi compressed air gas tank into my Smart Parts ION, but now it simply isn't moving at all. When I try to unscrew it counter-clockwise the top of the gas tank moves instead of where it's screwed in to start with. Is this wrong? Any tips on unscrewing it?

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
is it a stock Ion Duckbill? if so, they trap air even if you dont have any in the tank.

Make sure when you turn the tank out to hold onto the reg part of the bottle (use the fill nipple to gain leverage)

-james

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
rellizate. definately a sound up for your ion is removing the duckbill donkey and fitting an oops. it will help with unscrewing your bottle from the marker and will remove the strain from the twisting whilst under pressure.

Rellizate

Feb 6, 2008
is it a stock Ion Duckbill? if so, they trap air even if you dont have any in the tank.

Make sure when you turn the tank out to hold onto the reg part of the bottle (use the fill nipple to gain leverage)

-james
Hey (sorry for D.P), errm I can't do that because the fill nipple and the psi dial thing are all on the other half of the bit of the tank that is unscrewing.

Skeet

Platinum Member
No air in the bottle. Completly empty. Evo, what's an ooops? A different brand aso?
So it's just tight.

An OOPS, is an On Of Purge System. Planet Eclipse make one which is very good.

It is an ASA, with a knob at the front. The Knob, has a pin, so that when you screw it in, it depresses the pin on the bottle valve and gasses up the gun.

When you have finished, unscrewing the knob, releases the gas left in the ASA, which makes it easy to remove the bottle.

Rellizate

Feb 6, 2008
So it's just tight.

An OOPS, is an On Of Purge System. Planet Eclipse make one which is very good.

It is an ASA, with a knob at the front. The Knob, has a pin, so that when you screw it in, it depresses the pin on the bottle valve and gasses up the gun.

When you have finished, unscrewing the knob, releases the gas left in the ASA, which makes it easy to remove the bottle.
Ahh ok thanks. Yeah I worked out that it probably was just tight, but it's seriously tight. Mole grips couldn't budge it even a little bit or anything...