Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Upgrade, what should i do?

Norfilas

UWE Paintball Society
Oct 20, 2009
Bristol
Hi guys,

I'm currently thinking about upgrading my etek2 to a slightly better shiny.

But I don't know what would be the best plan? should I look for an ego 8 second hand or get a new etek3? Does the etek have the same technology or do you gouys think that an ego 8 would still be a nicer marker to use than the new etek.

Would be nice if people who own the etek3 could say what they are like to use exactly since i'm yet to see one in the flesh!!

Thanks

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
there's very little to distinguish the ego/etek as far as performance goes. at the end of the day if they chuck 10-12bps down a lane consistently then your sorted.

oh sure, people will argue you need the latest, greatest marker from whoever because it so much better because (insert reason number 276) - but how many of us play at the level it truly makes a difference?

i used an etek2 with the zick kit and cure2 and it was flawless - it "felt" better than the 08 and 09. but that doesn't mean it was, and the 08/09 were supposedly "better".

play with what feels good - if you like the etek2 - stick with it.

or try a MacDev Clone :p

Norfilas

UWE Paintball Society
Oct 20, 2009
Bristol
Well, i was looking at an upgrade basicly as a pat on the back for achieveing something. I do like the feel of my etek2... so maybe i'll just keep it and look at something else. Thanks for the feedback :)

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
i use an etek2 now with zick and cure2 and i love it, like rider said if it shoots straight and consistent no need to change it. i've shot the new clone and an ego and tbh the only thing i could see as an improvement is cosmetics lol. regardless, they all shoot ropes so i'm happy with my etek :D. if your shooting anything other than a pirhana GTI then your doing fine haha :p

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
If you wanna treat yourself for achieving something then more power to you.

Personally I agree with the thoughts above, many better ways to treat yourself. Why not use the cash you were gonna spend on a gun on a trip/event? You could head out to malaga or perhaps do one of the big games?

...or just go to amsterdam, and not bother with the paintball

But if you're a gun whore and you think the new shooter will make you happy and you can afford it, then get it.