Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Walk-On Virgin

Mafney

May 10, 2006
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Ok, so I've been interested in starting paintball for quite some time now. I have played a few times with people for birthdays etc. etc. but now I have my own transport Im thinking about moving onto local walk-on days (I live in Suffolk, nearest sites offering walk-ons are about an hour away) and obviously, buying my own equipment as well.

Now I have searched the forums for and looked through the many "good newbie marker" threads and proabably to many people's dismay have taken a fancy to the SP Ion. The only advice I am looking for here is: would it be easy to maintain for someone who has never looked "inside" a paintball marker before? and secondly, is there anything better for the same price/ease of maintenance?

More importantly however, I would like some more advice on walk-on days. Mainly, would it be a good idea to invest in some proper paintball gear such as a jersey, pants etc?? And then do I need to have specific colours so people can be split into teams easier or is it just a case of being remembering your team-mates??

Thanks in advance for any replies :cool:
Matt

(And I know I should probably go to a walk-on day and rent equipment first but Im getting kinda tired of waiting and reading stuff on the internet so I just wanna get on the field and enjoy it!! :D)

Mafney

May 10, 2006
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Lol, thanks. And yeah, I hear you on the safety side of things. While on this subject as well, how safe are the Air tanks if you keep the rupture disks in good condition and keep within the test date?? Im sure they are very safe but I just want to check with you lot. :)

Demon

Crrrraaaazzzyyyy #88
Sep 19, 2006
Birmingham
hey bud, yes welcome to paintball,

would be best to get nearly all your gear from this site,as many users sell alot of good cheap gear.
any colour combinations are good aslong as your confortble....
to be honest, you can get great masks - again from users here, which will be fine.
marker-go for what your confortable with.go to your nearest walk-on and ask to hold , someone elses to get a feel to what you want,but personally id go for a ego 05/06/ as they are normally maintenance hassle free and aregoing for cheap atm..< but thats me:)

anything else just ask/pm

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
i dont know how far away you are but if you can make it to a walkon at mayhem paintball games in abridge essex there will be plenty of people (myself included) who will let you try out or markers etc and the service from ronnie rob and dave in the shop is second to none i think, walkons are the third sunday of every month, as for clothing etc get what you feel you can afford and make sure you will use it, dont buy a new jersey etc and use it twice and give up for life!

Mafney

May 10, 2006
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Well, its an hour and a half but the others are only just under an hour so it could be possible I suppose.

And thanks again everyone, I think I might try and aquire some basic equipment such as some goggles and maybe some other things from the For Sale section of the forum and then get out see what happens. ;)

torchy

$!No Mercy.No Regret!$
Nov 8, 2007
Newport,South wales
heya as the other boys sed welcome to paintball.
yea most people like the ion as its cheap, but you can pick up alot of things of this forums "for sale section",just a question...how much do you plan on spending on your equipment?.then people can help you a little more on what to buy.
as already said
Welcome to the world of paintball:D