Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Welsh Open

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
If you weren't there today at Wrexham, you missed out on one of the best run and relaxed tournament I have ever been to.

Blakey, I can't think of any bad things about this tourney!! The fields played exceptionally well, the marshalls were fantastic and the other teams were really good sports. I think you'll be seeing more of Full-on in forthcoming MM events.

BIG thanks to Cooks and his Dad for the grub and a place to sleep!! As I said, I'll gladly return the favour when we have a big event down here in sunny Kettering (hmmmm....)!

Oh, one more thank thee goes out to Big Sid from the Cameronians for the beer! Still don't quite understand how you lot still functioned after what could have been no more than 1 hours sleep.......I struggled on 4 hours!

One question though.... will the owner of that cricket pitch REALLY allow us back there after trashing his field so much??

OK, I'm far too tired to type any more, and I want my bed....

Later,

Dunc.

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
www.katzpaintballteam.co.uk
big hand to Blakey, Phill War and everyone who helped make this the best UK non milenium tournament I have been to.

Picture this, 4 Sup air ball fields on a pefectly flat and groomed cricket pitch (no mud), a large tent for the players, netting all around, real toliets, a bar, parking right next to the tent and playing area, a loud speaker system announcing each playing slot, food, small trade stand, all in lovely surroundings of a country house, surrounded by trees, good weather, no mud. Very friendly atmosphere.

Only fault I have is can we have an air supply next time ? I'm sure people would pay extra for the luxury of an air compressor, it was such a pain having to lug our air tanks 10 feet from my car into the players tent :D Seriously, would be the icing on the icing.

Whens the next one Phil ? how about doing a 2 day Welsh open, or perhaps a spring welsh open and an autum welsh open ?

We drove back to Bristol, took only a couple of hours, so its really not that far away.

Phil Warr

Sep 28, 2001
Worcester
www.sadworld.co.uk
Wow

What can I say.
Duncster, Mark, cheers guy's it is really satisfying to hear praise like that.
I'm not going to say too much now because to be perfectly honest I am so knackered that all I can think of is sleep.

I would just like to say I massive thank you to all the teams who played the Welsh Open.
An even bigger thank you has to go to the guy's from Team SAD/SAD Too and the psycho Pimps for helping us errect the site, fields, netting, marquet and 101 other jobs that was all done in one day.
and to the marshal's, you done a fantastic job, to the extent that the tournament finished a half hour ahead of time.
Look out for a full run down of the results early next week.
See you all next time.
The next leg of the MM is at Paintball Jungle on the 29th April, and in answer to your question Mark, there is a strong possibilty of a two day event being held at the same site later this year, we'll keep you posted.
anyone who wants information on the Midlands Masters events can email us at midlandsmasters@aol.com

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
Got to agree with whats been said so far . . . what a great tournament! Relaxed, everything ran as smooth as clockwork, great marshalling and the fields played great both ends very even. . . which is a nice change! Thinking on my way home this was quite possibly the best tournament i've been to!

Even though we had a bit of a average days performace we had a great day!

We'll see ya at the next MM's!

Sooooo just where were PGI yesterday? ? ? ? ? :p ;)

Alien

MattttttLock
Jul 10, 2001
Wales
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed it Dunc.

All i can say is i think it was the BEST tourny i have ever been to. It certainly beat campaign for sheer enjoyment, the teams we played and met we're all friendly, relaxed and played some great ball:)

Just a couple of thank you's from me
Phil, Blakey and crew. You guys are great :D
Duncster, i hope we'll see more of your team in this series:D
Hannibal's Heros, once again you gave us a seriously fun game:cool:

Andy (hows the head:D) and Zap girl, You'll have to come up to wrexham more often:D

And finally a big big thanks to Sid and co in the cameronians, i had a great weekend in your company (next time i'll be drinking i promise:eek: )

Work seems a let down after this weekend but we'll see you at the next one:D

Alien
Psycho Pimps

sxh62755

assmaster
It really was a Great day big thanks to the organisers, the Psycho pimps and the Marshalls. Really it was a Dream tourney, those fields were the best. And that Tannoy system I felt I was at an airport, not at a paintball tourney, really good.
Sam

JimShady - Twisted Capt.

Plaited Wookie
Jan 7, 2002
Smacklesfield
Visit site
gutted

... like a fish that i missed this one, sounds like it was a top crack. we spent 5 hours trying to figure out the complexities of puttin up a supair field, but we succeeded in the end so at least we got to play. even if it wasnt on a cricket pitch with a tannoy. Well done to the pimps and crew for gettin it together - chris i hope you managed to get some air!

All i can say is see you all at the next one :D

wee-man

Ex Baller :-(
Aug 22, 2001
Scotland
www.theclan-paintball.com
i would agree with all the above comments . big thanks to blakey,phil,les and the rest of the crew for a fantastic tournament.also the psycho pimps for the tour of all the sights in wrexham where everything we saw came in pairs:D :D we will see you guys for a training weekend soon along with some more sightseeing next time we`ll keep a collar and leesh on hardie so walker can keep up with him :eek: alien must get a few drinks down him next time.zap girl(nicola) you had better get andy into training for the next drinking session he couldn`t keep up with you

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Despite not finding the right people at the right time:D CSWS Had a good evening, not quite so when the alarm went off at 6:(

A great tourney, well run, great atmosphere and great fun to play. Although we didn't do as well as hoped it was a top day,

If you ever have another one then I am sure we will be there.

It only took 6 hrs to get home after dropping off some of the team, the worst bit was when the car stopped working in the middle lane of the M25 (jnt 12) It got to half way between the slip road for the M3 (j12) and the "slow" lane of the M25, I have never been so scared.

However great tourney, Thanks to all of group D for a great day, Cooks, Alien and all the pimps for a great game.

See you all soon

Tom Tom

markh

Shockwave III
Aug 6, 2001
Bristol
www.katzpaintballteam.co.uk
Phil, how about trying to get the local tv/papers down next time. Was a great showcase for our sport, there were even mothers there with little babys in their arms ahhh!

What about an air supply Phil ? Go on please. I know Russel Steel of Shockwave has a system he rents out.

Two days at the same site would be a most excellent.