Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what to get next?

abateman1972

May 11, 2013
chrono really is an optional extra, but is great for testing the gun at home to make sure you aren't having to fix it at the field. its an expensive investment and would be the last thing to get, but a worthwhile investment nonetheless.
ye, i plan to get that last, pads, gear bag then chrono

redped

May 16, 2013
Im new fo the sport but was looking to get pads, especially knee pads, as part of my early investment is that bad idea?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Im new fo the sport but was looking to get pads, especially knee pads, as part of my early investment is that bad idea?
Nope its a great idea. If you are kneeing down in the woods or are planning on sliding in to bunkers it a vital bit of protection. At least to begin with!

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
ye, i plan to get that last, pads, gear bag then chrono
While a chrono is a nice bit of kit to have if you have the money, there's no actual need for one.

Unless you're going to be extensively training out of a site in your garden etc (which I'm guessing is very unlikely) then use the chrono at a site.

It's a very expensive investment for something that 95% of regular paintball players don't own themselves, let alone people new to the sport.

Knee pads however are a great buy. As are elbows if you're doing much diving :)

Reactions: matj

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For redped knee pads are a good early buy.

For abateman1972 the chrono may be an expensive purchase, but he (or she) appears to be quite flush on funds, having bought virtually everything else on the strength of playin punter play and having their first 'own gunner' game this weekend

I would recommend to spend money playing then too much on all of the gear in the first place, but at the stage of purchasing I'd be considering a chrono as the next purchase compared to a dedicated paintball gear bag

It so depends on where they intend to play. I started my transfer from punter to regular and scenario player as a regular to a punter style site. There would often be delays with the staff dealing with the punters and they did not tend to have the site chrono out at the start of the day.
It was quicker and easier to grab a member of staff for a moment with our own chrono and get a witnessed check then to wait for when they have dealt with getting punters geared up and for the Brit etc
Because we did his we became trusted by the management and staff, and we continued to self chrono but not necessarily get a witnessed check

Back in those days it was common to be at an event with only one or two chronos and to get stuck waiting while people chronoed, adjusted, chronoed etc. We could and can check and adjust while waiting then only need to be seen to make an official chrono
This is still of value to me at events, and especially as I play various types of event wih varying velocities, (eg reduced indoor,cqb and night games)

A chrono need not be purchased new and does come up on forums such as this at around £40 or £50

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
Valid points, but my point still stands that it's very rare for a player to have their own chrono. 99% of sites won't let you play unless they see you chrono and see the readouts, in which you may as well use their's.
As such, the money would be much better spent on 1.5 / 2 boxes of paint.

Again, that being said if you have 50's gushing out your ears then yeah buy a chrono.

Mar 14, 2012
Wouldn't bother with a chrono for a while! Knee pads are a good buy, if you need them with your playing pants, I use the empire contact Ltd pants and found that knee pads are more of a hindrance than a help for me!

M4rk

Monkey Spankers
Jul 31, 2012
Norfolk
Look at some armour! Bounce vest, knee pads, ect.. I found when I started playing more serious the protection can make the game more comfortable. The bounce vest can save a percentage of hits, and give added protection.