Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wheelchair/Disabled paintball

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
As i'm sure a few of you know, i have been trying to "work" towards a disabled friendly game..

so far ideas i have had re the rules are

no running and gunning (specially in a wheelchair users game)

wheelchairs are not live equipment, so only hits to the player count.

due to the nature of the wheelchairs, terrain will be a hurdle....

these are the things i have so far in regards to rules in game.

still trying to come up with other general sport related ideas, be it kit/access or otherwise.

what do you folks think

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
I was trawling through some you tube vids and found a site in Singapore that caters for walk ons. It became clear they had no fields in the woods, they were tournament style arena's, with well cut grass and a hybrid style bunkers using mostly coke cans, cubes and barrels. The fields were fairly small. Maybe this style of layout would make wheel chair ball less of a hurdle.

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
indoor sites would be a start
There is a lack of indoor sites in general, the ones I've been to are quite dimly lit and dank. you see the one's in America are massive warehouse size affairs that have lush green astro and are flood lit. That would be good for anyone, able bodied or not. Imagin late night evening ball in the summer or nice dry warm ball in the winter. Surprised no one has done something already.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
i agree about the general lack of indoor sites, and would love to see some on the lines of the russian legions training facility....

however as long as the ground is fairly flat and hard it should be ok to wheel around on..

an alternative idea would be to bring in "player support" a player that would be pushing the player within the wheelchair. and either doubling up in bunkers and working as a duo, or being "immune" to hits and only the player in the chair being hit/out.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
an alternative idea would be to bring in "player support" a player that would be pushing the player within the wheelchair. and either doubling up in bunkers and working as a duo, or being "immune" to hits and only the player in the chair being hit/out.

Don't fancy being that guy........

;)

Reactions: scott_peters

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
That sounds viable, they do it in paraolympic cycling. I watched an event at the velodrome in Manchester, the cyclists had a support partner that would cycle with them on a tandem. Can't see why it wouldn't work in pb as long as they were immune to hits. Communication between the two would have to be spot on to plan moves. Could you imagine the speed of a bunkering move with a good runner behind you!