Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where to get re-anno now that Sloth have stopped?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
USA now mate :(
Bugger! :(

I've sent you a PM.

If anyone has any first hand experience of anyone in the USA who does a good job could they let me know please?

Thanks muchly,

Stan

Thib

Nov 26, 2008
Newcastle
my nt come from "lasermygun.com" or something like this.
They did a great job.

But it's not cheap, and customs can be clever sometimes (complaining the marker is not the colour of the one "bought on the invoice" as the colour isn't same .... (when coming back from annodisation, and with an annodisation invoice)

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
there are hundreds of places in the uk that do anno...

Why does it have to be pb specific!?

So why don't you guys spend some time looking into Uk companies and find one that'll do small one off jobs?
Because the majority of companies that i know of (and i used a couple back in the 90's when anno'ing came into vogue) didn't understand the finish required and couldn't do the level of detail that for example Sloth did or Planet do as standard... If you know of somewhere i'd be more than happy to use them. :)

Similarly,does anyone know who Planet use? Are they even in the UK?

The Manchester Firm

Our Life Is Different.
Apr 29, 2010
Manchester
Why does it have to be pb specific!?
Not meaning to sound like a d**k but probably so there is some come back if something were to go wrong.

Having sent an Ego to a company in Leicester before, the gun was not usable upon return. It was stripped with great care, the parts were carefully packed and sent via a special courier.

A week later, the parts returned. At first everything looked fine.

The threads for the screws that held the solenoid on were actually damaged so could not be used, the body was warped and the anno was generally too thick so that the rammer housing was a slightly smaller diameter.

Sometimes, no matter how much you explain to somebody how you want something doing, you really should use somebody who has experience.

Reactions: Stan and tricky m

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Thanks fella. For anyone reading this who thinks they might save a few quid by sending a loved gat to a local annodisers i really wouldn't reccomend it unless someone you know can vouch for them doing a good job!

Anyway, back on topic - any other suggested companies in the USA?

glenn

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2008
Stockton-on-tees
didnt jamie once use to outsource his annodising maybe hes the best person to ask for a uk one? if you can get hold of him

or theres raza and i kohn sports are advertising that they starting anno work soon once theyve moved into new premises