Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Where to get Trigger Shims?

steve_e

Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
Best thing use is get some cheap feeler gauges then take your frame off and use the feeler gauges to find the best fit then just cut a piece of the gauge drill a hole in it and hey presto a perfect fitting shim! Works for any pivot triggers! :)

Steve

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by steve_e
Best thing use is get some cheap feeler gauges then take your frame off and use the feeler gauges to find the best fit then just cut a piece of the gauge drill a hole in it and hey presto a perfect fitting shim! Works for any pivot triggers! :)

Steve
and if your not a engineer:p

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
trigger shims

on my lcd and other guns, i've used plastic sheet called plasticard available from model shops in any thickness from a tenth of a millimetre to several millimetres. It can be cut with scissors to any size and holds up to a lot of abuse. The piece used in my shocker is about two years old and still going strong. The plasticard is bought in A4 sheets at about a pound a sheet. Try it and be amazed.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by joe bob
what are trigger shims?
No...must...resist....no....bad...thoughts.........

they're shims for triggers,

Bad Dobby!!!
Cube will now trap fingers in door as punishment:p

Anyway

Shims are bits of material, (metal, nylon, etc) used to take up slack (usually side to side) in joints, so in this case, presumably, to go on one side or both of the trigger in the gap between the trigger and the frame to stop it wobbling back and forth.

Or summat like that:rolleyes: