The Home Of European Paintball

Which Ego?

Angus41

LORDS
Apr 23, 2006
D7s
www.myspace.com
Hi,
In a couple of months im going to get an Ego. For some time now i have been sat on a new Etek, but....

Money for me is a problem. £475 +a new barrel or barrel kit, (i know this is not neccesary but i would like one) is about the limit for me and if i wack out that amount of cash i would not be able to play as often as i wished. So i was thinking on a upped Ego 05 off these boards, now i understand that both markers perform very well but if an upped ego costs say 3-400 pounds then that would give me enough spare cash to use on playing/ other gear.

Ive been in deep thought and i just want ot know if anyone could help by saying what you would do in my position and 05 or Etek considering the above?

Thank you very much for your time:)

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
well theres a 06 ego on here for the same price as the eteks, if i where you, i'd leave off buying a ego till after the world cup, prices are bound to drop, if even by 50 quid. your still saving something

-james

i'd leave off buying a ego till after the world cup, prices are bound to drop, if even by 50 quid. your still saving something

-james
WHY????

As there are no plans for an 07 EGO, why would prices drop??? Just because new markers come out from other companys??? Why would that effect EGO sales???
Sorry dont get it!:confused:
If you want my 2p's worth mate, ANY EGO is going to suit you fine. ETEK's are fantastic and straight from the box ARE wicked. Dont forget when you buy new you get a 1 year guarantee!!!
I am sure the stock barrel will do you fine until you save some money.If you want things like barrel sets keep your eyes in the classifieds. I have a few barrel sets for my EGO but the only one I ever use is a .695 ultralight. I have seen these go from £20 to £40 in the classifieds.
The 06 EGO is ALSO fantastic. Not really much you can say! Again look on the classifieds, sometimes some pop up with extra barrels for around £500.
05 once again FANTASTIC, but like you said are a lot cheaper to buy.
My advice keep your eyes on the classifieds but remember they are ALL EGO's!!!
Good luck on your hunt mate, and welcome to the world of the EGO!!!
Nige

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
with the new models coming out, i didnt say anything about a new ego.
prices will drop, as there will be new markers that will force the price down on other markers.
its happening with the dm6's as we speak.

-james

Angus41

LORDS
Apr 23, 2006
D7s
www.myspace.com
Thanks guys,
I will keep my peeled in the classfields for 05, and 6's. I am not buying yet, in a month or so. But it is all a question of money for me:(. Do you think that i should take the risk and comprimise the marker fort he amount of playing?? To sum up is the Etek REALLY worth the extra cash??

Again thanks.

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
Thanks guys,
I will keep my peeled in the classfields for 05, and 6's. I am not buying yet, in a month or so. But it is all a question of money for me:(. Do you think that i should take the risk and comprimise the marker fort he amount of playing?? To sum up is the Etek REALLY worth the extra cash??

Again thanks.
I just sold my fully upped 05 ego for £350, it was a deal as i needed it sold. Imo that is the best way of getting an ego, either a fully upped 05 or an 06, but PL or Eteks i wouldnt go for if i were u.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
ive shot all the egos if you want an impartial opinion between models pm me

however i am sponsored by planet so obviously i like egos and think all of them are amazing so im not without bias. but i can be impartial between models.
if you want a run down im happy to do that just cant be arsed getting into debates on open forums..

Ian