Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which Marker Spyder or Ion

andyjackson456

Apr 24, 2006
I am looking at buying my first marker and got a pretty limited budget mainly going to be playing scenario with a bit of sup air aswell and seen the spyder vs1 and ion markers. Which would you suggest would be the best one to go for also looking to run marker on air not co2.

Seany

www.northernquarterpb.com
Mar 19, 2007
Northern Quarter
www.corruptedpb.com
you could probs get a second hand PMR, air bottle and egg for that price... best setup i could think of for that price range,

look up some reviews on the PMR and you will see its a high peforming gat that sells for cheap as chips :)
you will want a fibre wrapped bottle becuase there lighter and the egg is a decent eletronic hopper for cheap :)

hope this helps, and hopefully others could post up their knowledge here too :)

uk killer

Aug 8, 2006
Bringham
I'd go second hand mate. Up your budget a bit and you could get and alien or an ego. The sft shocker are cheep and much better guns than both spiders and ion. Also have you had a play with the guns yet ?

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Budget Consideration Reality Check!!

Does the £200 include for mask, pack, pots, squeegey, etc? PMR even 2nd hand might be out of his price range if so. £200 to completely kit yourslef out for pball is about right taking into account a used Ion.

People always seem to forget EVERYTHING you neeed to be able to attend a walk-on or tourney or whatever, and although individually these bits are only £5 each or whatever, it all adds up. A budget is a budget after all.

Ion is a good starter marker. People flame it, but if your budget is limited you'll be able to fire this straight out of the box at 15bps. Job done. May not be the most pimped, efficient or consistent marker, but it aint that bad. I started on one, and I'm sure a lot of others here may confess the same.

You can pimp the outside and modify the innards of the Ion to your hearts content after you bought it, but best bet is to hold back and save the money to upgrade becos you probably will at some point.

EDIT: But saying that, I've got a PMR and it is a nice bit of kit. If you can stretch your budget for one of these, I would heartily recomend one of these over an Ion any day of the week.