Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

WTD Laptop

Friswell_69

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2006
blackburn
so you now dude thats the deal at pc world but at currys you get 300 or maybe 400 quid of any laptop in store for a 6 month contract with orange broadband

killcrazy

now sporting the ego
Dec 4, 2006
bedlington (near newcastle)
looking for something half good, but not wanting lots of graphics power or hardrive space, i would like a dual core, also 2 RAM slots if possible. However, will trade weight over power, so if its light, let me know
Dunno if your wanting to buy new, but unless ur very lucky, laptop prices bottom out at £150, and ususally for that amount of money you might aswell use paper and a biro

Acer do the best deals iv found and hte build quality is really good.
I do motion graphics, and 3D modelling, and for £600 i got a dual core laptop with 1Gb of DDR2 ram in november last year.
Now for the same price you get 2Gb RAM. (or get 1Gb RAM and only pay £450)

mine is the the aspire 5103WLMI model, and for the money I payed for it I cant fault it.
I am constantly rendering animations that take all my CPU power from both Cores, and sometimes leave it going for 48 hours or more at a time, and it keeps on going...

+ for a laptop is pretty light aswell, AND the RAM is expandable up to 4Gb, which for a laptop in its price range is unbeleavable.

Hope this helps.

modd1uk

Banned
Mar 21, 2006
thought currys and pcworld were owned by the same company?
They are the same company, currys, dixons, pc world and carphone warehouse are all part of the dsg group ( ex employee lol ) for a nice laptop with warranty dude u looked at new ones ?

www.ebuyer.co.uk i know the returns is crap but u deal with the manufacturer not them.

Andy

modd1uk

Banned
Mar 21, 2006
Scan stock very few laptops, and what they do stock is normally expensive ( asus etc )

Andy.