Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2nd Leg of Dartford what did you all think!!

tubbie

Apr 3, 2002
Visit site
Still whining over a guy who got shot in the neck ????

When i spoke to the guy he wasnt complaining, just wondering about the marshalls decision!, well there's a lesson to be learned here (actually two).

1 - wear a neck protector (and one for your nuts)
2 - Never let a marshall move you out of your barricade, unless they call you neutral( even then i wouldnt move out of my bunker!)

Tubbie

Mossy

Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
Severe Hollands Div 2 jump to Div1 finishing 4th with 2 guests really ain't a bad days game!

...Thanks to Helen (mossy) and Terry for filling in the two spots on our team!
Cheers guys (& gal) I had a fantastic day. It was a pleasure guesting for you. Many thanks to Monkey Love for sorting that!
...We had a blast and that's what paintball is about for us crazy dutch guys! (and shooting some suckers of course)
lol u c us brits love the game just as much ;)

As always, can't wait to get back on the field again. Looking forward to the next leg already.

x

go-one

Wingnut, your slightly missing the point of peoples complaints. If a gun is bouncing then fine, bag the guy. But the rule does state (from memory as i'm not quoting) "a continuous pull", this was NOT what he was doing. He was holding the trigger around the firing point (rolling it) trying to make it bounce purposely. I think in the mil rules it states pull over 2 sec's IN A NORMAL FIRING MANNER but don't quote me on that. I've been playing with my marker (E-Blade) basicly out the box (I'm not a "tweaker") for over a year, including milenium events with NO problems, until field 3 !!!!!!!!! you can get almost any electro to bounce if you try hard enough (And yes I know the latest markers have "debounce" settings) but that is also missing the point. IMHO if you need to "set" electric settings to stop it then why not MAKE the marker with those settings !!!!!! Now I know there are peps out there with gun cheats and certain markers now come with them built in, but these are not the peps who suffered on sunday, it was half the peps present, alot of which probably could't get there own triggers to bounce in a mounth of sundays.

Other than that I thought it was a great day, the infastructure is comming along great and I'm sure more teams will use the staging area now they know there is one !!!!!!

Schedule ran mostly to time but was a bit long, (I left at 7 !!!!) Time to cap the divs or get that 4th field up dave !!!

Fields were great, personaly liked the JCS Neil, think our 3 games there lasted total about 5 min's !!! Lost both on 3 but can't blame the field, we built it !!!!

Marshaling was neither better or worse than any other local event but we have to appreciate the lack of experianced marshalls due to the lack of tournys for them to get experiance in, but pinkys comments on knowing the rules, PLAYERS and MARSHALS is very valid !!!!

All in all great day and thanx to Dave, Liz, Kieren and ALL the marshals for giving us a South East event without which most of us would be looking at 3-5 hours traveling to the midlands or the South west !!!!

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
the whole gun bounce issue is a bit of a grey area - the real cheats are full auto settings. Any electro can be made to bounce you just need to work harder at some than others.

If a marshal can get a marker to bounce so easily that a player can replicate it in a game that thats a no - no, but spending ages getting it to bounce is far to stringent, one because eventualy it will bounce and two even if it does no player has the time to stand there fiddling trying to get the bounce in a game.

Hopefully the MS will bring out a new ruling that is workable that we can all adopt.

tubbie

Apr 3, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by IL=Tim the Yank
Tubbie,
How do you wear a neck protector on your nuts? Any advice is appreciated. :D
Well next time i wear it, ill take a picture and put it up here :eek:

LOL

Tubbie

Gurney

"The Real Apoc"
Oct 13, 2001
Royston, Herts.
Guys I thought the tourney was a big improvement on the last leg, it seems like the crew listened to all the constructive critisism and did something about it, top job.
I thought the Draxxus and Tomahawk fields were well laid out, hated the JCS was very random......
Things I think need improving - Fields need to be up by 7am, so teams can walk them well in advance.
The setup area needs to be larger - Not a huge issue when the weather is nice but it is not big enough to accomodate every team that played there.....
But a big up to the guys for a well organised tourney, roll on leg 3 :)
And well done to all the teams in Div 3, u all played hard and fair ;)

paintfly

Apr 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by badboy
there was some good movement on the fields by lots of players but nothing quite as good as the movement in the crapper
top marks to that guy and to be fare or girl who pulled that off
I saw this once before in Sweeden. On using one of the long drops after a Russion legion player, i was in total shock when i realised that he had just relieved himself of his large intestine! I knew they had a vigorous training regime, but surely that was going too far for gaining a second on making the 50.:eek:

Have the brits caught on? mmmmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes: