Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Morally Corrupt Sport!

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I think he owes the paintball community an explanation...especially those who used 'his' forums to keep up-to-date with the Masters.

There are hundreds of people who used the Masters forums to chat about, feedback on, book into masters on. And now they have miraculously disappeared and now this thread, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who he on about. And was it not Robbo who was (constantly) going on about slanderous comments a few months back? Is this not the same thing?
Clearly you are heavily personally involved with Wendy and the Masters and clearly with a massive chip on your shoulder.

You'll take care to note that slander is where accusations are untrue, untill we know otherwise is there anyway to say Pete is lying? Based on his history, and my personal dealings with him I'd 100% say no, he's simply saying it like it is.

Because there are two aspects to a forum, one is the trifling matter of who owns the site and the other and far more important is the community that provide content and discussion and make the forums an interesting place to visit. Without the second, the first leads to a forum with one poster getting everything his way and shouting as much as he likes but no one listening:)

For years we never even cared or knew who 'owned' p8 and it was good with an active community talking about paintball for the most part. Now things have changed and it is er, less good. And less popular. And less about paintball.

and it is er, bigger, with er, more members, and er, more advertisers than ever before.

I don't see anyone twisting your arm to be here :confused:

Bon have you done something with p8ntballer that takes over pc's like itunes?? Clearly this man was forced to come here, look at the posts and reply.

Naughty Bon, naughty..............

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Clearly you are heavily personally involved with Wendy and the Masters and clearly with a massive chip on your shoulder.

You'll take care to note that slander is where accusations are untrue, untill we know otherwise is there anyway to say Pete is lying? Based on his history, and my personal dealings with him I'd 100% say no, he's simply saying it like it is.

and it is er, bigger, with er, more members, and er, more advertisers than ever before.

I don't see anyone twisting your arm to be here :confused:

Bon have you done something with p8ntballer that takes over pc's like itunes?? Clearly this man was forced to come here, look at the posts and reply.

Naughty Bon, naughty..............

Wait what? Why does everyone accuse me of everything :(

I haven't done anything this morning apart form that one post and go watch some TV before my eye test.

*edit* nvm i just picked up the huge ammount of sarcasm in that post :rolleyes:

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...
So, Robbo asked a question about the questionable morals of people within our sport. Is this a product of our society today (where are the gentleman and ladies?) or is this the social decline of our sport in particular? I'd say the former rather than the latter. The moral erosion that has taken place within society will always spill into its many facets, including our beloved sport.

As for all the other comments. People come here to talk paintball and to be part of the community....right? Thats why I always have. Is it bigger and better? Does it matter? If you check the number of people online, even at the weekend, it pales in comparison to the highest number ever. So, the number of people using the site on a day to day basis has declined, but the number of members has increased. Make up your own mind.

As for who owns the site and what we can and cannot say, well I always thought Robbo liked active debate (aka a bloody good argument), so shouldn't we be able to post our thoughts? We do come here out of choice, we post up out of choice and we leave out of choice.
:cool:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Wait what? Why does everyone accuse me of everything :(

I haven't done anything this morning apart form that one post and go watch some TV before my eye test.

*edit* nvm i just picked up the huge ammount of sarcasm in that post :rolleyes:

Ahh the young padawan is learning.

Hope for this one, there is.........:D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I think he owes the paintball community an explanation...especially those who used 'his' forums to keep up-to-date with the Masters.

There are hundreds of people who used the Masters forums to chat about, feedback on, book into masters on. And now they have miraculously disappeared and now this thread, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who he on about. And was it not Robbo who was (constantly) going on about slanderous comments a few months back? Is this not the same thing?
C'mon son... Pete has had the decency not to mention any names in his post. It's obviously a post that was made out of frustration, most likely caused by being let down by people for the millionth time. Sure, people can think and theorise all they want and all it will be is just that: thinking and theorising, but YOU are the one putting a person's name in this thread.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Because there are two aspects to a forum, one is the trifling matter of who owns the site and the other and far more important is the community that provide content and discussion and make the forums an interesting place to visit. Without the second, the first leads to a forum with one poster getting everything his way and shouting as much as he likes but no one listening:)

For years we never even cared or knew who 'owned' p8 and it was good with an active community talking about paintball for the most part. Now things have changed and it is er, less good. And less popular. And less about paintball.
Just like people that create a new account, because they are afraid to say what they feel under their own name makes for a fantastic forum and an enjoyable, agenda-free read...:rolleyes:

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
Paintball is not unique to this occurring as it seems to happen when money and power are wanted or held.

Sad as always of course and I know of some fantastic people and groups in this sport who always go the extra mile. I have been involved in paintball mainly in Australia since 1991 and have seen a lot like many of you. I know though the sport will always thrive as new people arrive to start up things that have lain dormant from the last attempt. I feel the UK scene is vibrant and going in the right direction, especially in the Rec-ball/scenario industries and inflatables will find its niche eventually. Must have faith!

Forums are great for communities as it allows many to become part of a bigger thing. Unfortunately it also allows the odd moron in but at least it is keeping them off the streets where they may met another one to breed [shudders] :D

O

OgamiItto

Just like people that create a new account, because they are afraid to say what they feel under their own name makes for a fantastic forum and an enjoyable, agenda-free read...:rolleyes:
Yes, but ever since 'upsetting the guy who is always upset' became the most common banning offence not everyone can use their own identity, can they? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for agendas, p8 now works on the lines that if your agenda coincides with that of the 'owner' you can say pretty much what you please, insult people etc etc, but if it doesn't you'll never be seen here again. Yet some still act like you can have a grown up debate on here with your fellow adults:rolleyes: Yeah right, all fine until you make a point the wrong person can't answer or chooses to take as 'disrespect', at which point see ya'.
If the forum had rules, and break 'em and you're gone, then fair enough. But the 'you can argue until I don't like it or you're winning and then you're banned' bit makes having any real debate about the Fed, the forums or the sport a waste of time, not to mention being a pretty childish way of dealing with dissent.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Yes, but ever since 'upsetting the guy who is always upset' became the most common banning offence not everyone can use their own identity, can they? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for agendas, p8 now works on the lines that if your agenda coincides with that of the 'owner' you can say pretty much what you please, insult people etc etc, but if it doesn't you'll never be seen here again. Yet some still act like you can have a grown up debate on here with your fellow adults:rolleyes: Yeah right, all fine until you make a point the wrong person can't answer or chooses to take as 'disrespect', at which point see ya'.
If the forum had rules, and break 'em and you're gone, then fair enough. But the 'you can argue until I don't like it or you're winning and then you're banned' bit makes having any real debate about the Fed, the forums or the sport a waste of time, not to mention being a pretty childish way of dealing with dissent.
Come on reveal who you are I guarantee you I won't ban you.......... :D

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
Come on reveal who you are I guarantee you I won't ban you.......... :D
You might not but others may :D

I never did get the whole posting under another name, People can have different opinions so why disguise who you are in the first place.