Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Morally Corrupt Sport!

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
im sure all will be revealed when the time is right, im sure people know the situation but feel its not there place, maybe behind the scence talks etc are going on before addressing us " the player/members" with a statement and consequent reaction to move forward,, long live the fed!!!!

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
I guess it just depends what different peoples morals are before they can be called corrupt?

I think the same as what most people have already said, people generally lack morals and manners to, i am hardly an old bloke but i was brought up with the correct manners and morals i think, i say please and thank you even if i dont need to, i still hold doors open for women blah blah blah.

I recall a thread not so long ago where i believed a young lad was being bullied, other people did not believe so, however Robbo said that yes morally i was kind of correct, in this case it was not acted on however i think the bullying stopped there, good result in my eyes.

I would always stick by my morals and values kinda like Mr Buddha said before, "I disagree with what you said, but I will defend your right to say it" (i think its a quote off some old guy whos dead but never mind), i have to be honest the guy talks sense, on a side note however i think moderator censorship is not right either. So to be fair we should think ourselves lucky whether we like all, some, one or non of the mods that at least Mr Buddha is morally sound (in my opinion anyways) :D

Edit:- http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Voltaire - Thought so, dead French guy, these French dudes with long hair know what they are talking about :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
My My, such a storm over one seemingly innocuous post; It always makes me laugh when the usual suspects [abbott and sable] surface to render their opinions concerning myself .... but I suppose it's to be expected from such 'ingrates'.

Anyway, on with the show, apologies for the recent loss of the site, it was a technical glitch created by myself and NOT Bon and so we can all put away the pitchforks for another time.

As for this thread?
I started this thread because as Buddha suggested, it was out of frustration, anger and a few other emotions thrown in.

I suppose I should be used to being let down in this sport of ours but for some reason, I never fail to knee-jerk every time it happens even though I am now an official member of the hard-boiled cynic brigade.

The federation has a meeting tomorrow and so I am gonna leave expanding on this subject matter until after then.
Contrary to what sable and one other are putting about, I do not run the federation; we have something like 14 members now and my vote counts the same as everyone else's.

sable and co personalise the federation [in my direction] because it serves their purpose but if people know the likes of Ledz, Bully, Gill Chapple, the Lips guys and so on .... then it should come as no surprise these guys would no more be in my pocket than a diet sheet in Ledzy's.

It ain't happenin !!!

And if I thought for one second my position as chairman was harming what we are trying to do in revitalising the UK tourney scene, then you can have my resignation quick as a flash; I have no need for any more aggravation in my life thanks.
I would hope that for every divisive quality I might have in terms of character, I would have a greater number that could hopefully be described as unifying .... that's the theory anyway and if I think it ever starts to tilt back the other way, then see ya later baby!!!

I'm gonna keep my tinder dry for the time being and uncharacteristically keep my mouth shut until this gets resolved to the board's satisfaction.

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
I got to wondering just the other day, yesterday in fact, when somebody gives others their word in paintball, is it always worth Jack Sh!t or does it just seem that way?
To ground the point a little, you deal with Ledz regularly, that in itself would suggest that paintball peoples words arent always worth Jack Sh!t

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
pfft it doesnt matter what aspect of life you look at, if people are out there to take advantage of people, especially when they are out to scam people for their own profit, the dont give a toss what area its in. whether its paintball, golf, automotive, computer parts, clothing.

The man next to you in this world is out to screw you and he doesnt care from what side.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
I'll pipe in here.
:)
I used to play hockey regularly and enjoyed the game very much, I stuck with it for a good few years in the same club and got to know a few people - some school friends and some people involved with admin/organisation of the club. The school friends did nothing but take the piss out of me, the kids who I didn't go to school with also got involved and made me feel like crap. The admin people never took me seriously, never put me in any matches and generally treated me with nothing but contempt. I think I met one person who actually liked me being around, and genuinely apologised for them not bothering with me. I took the hint and never went back.

*******s.

Well, the opposite is true in paintball. I've met more people who are friendly, willing to help and willing to get new players involved than I have in any other walk of life. I've always been made to feel welcome and I think the people in this sport are of a much better quality. I'd rather spend a weekend balling than I would running around that god-forsaken astro ever again.