The Home Of European Paintball

A Personal Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
Robbo OWNS this forum .. he can do whatever he wants on here.

He wouldnt do lots of things on here as he has a strong sense of morality or atleast what i have seen on my time on here.

Robbo has provided help for many players on this forum and done a lot more for the industry then 90% of the people on this forum due to this many people both like and respect him as both a person and an aurthority figure in the sport.

I have never even met robbo but i KNOW for a fact that Most people on here will agree with what i have said thus far.

As far as Andy goes ive not met , spoke or dealt with him. The most i have come is that my team mate and cousin david purchased an 09 PMR from fatbobs.

So im not going to judge.

but what i will say is im going to take what is said here with a pinch of salt.

However if robbo feels he would like to expand anymore on his reasoning then ide like to hear it ........ every one likes a good b1tching session
tottaly agree,

also after seeng robbo for the first time at the nspl, why would anyone f**k with him?

boddy

Aug 29, 2005
Birmingham
Guys, regarding knowing what has actually gone on here, have you thought that maybe what Robbo is doing by not telling us the ins and outs, besides it not actually being any of our business and that alone being a good enough reason, is actually an attempt to try and salvage something from the situation. Robbo is a smart guy, smarter than most i'd say, because what he does he does it in such a way that he gets his point across very well without dragging anyone down completely. IF we knew what had gone on, might it possibly destroy our current views of the people and all associated with them? (i.e fatbobs/ypc) Might it end up destroying these peoples' businesses and their reputation completely? We dont know, and from what i've heard so far, i believe that the best way for it to be is for us to not know. I dont think that a mere asking from any of us is going to get him to divulge this information, unless the need does arise through whatever situation occurs in the future, so i think that the best way forward is for us to do simply as we are told by the man himself and leave the matter be.

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Guys, regarding knowing what has actually gone on here, have you thought that maybe what Robbo is doing by not telling us the ins and outs, besides it not actually being any of our business and that alone being a good enough reason, is actually an attempt to try and salvage something from the situation. Robbo is a smart guy, smarter than most i'd say, because what he does he does it in such a way that he gets his point across very well without dragging anyone down completely. IF we knew what had gone on, might it possibly destroy our current views of the people and all associated with them? (i.e fatbobs/ypc) Might it end up destroying these peoples' businesses and their reputation completely? We dont know, and from what i've heard so far, i believe that the best way for it to be is for us to not know. I dont think that a mere asking from any of us is going to get him to divulge this information, unless the need does arise through whatever situation occurs in the future, so i think that the best way forward is for us to do simply as we are told by the man himself and leave the matter be.

I for one would rather know who im dealing with than having blind faith in someone.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
How about in the intrest of all being friends within the game, and keeping paintball fun. we all abide by the rules set. and calm down on the public personal insults. weather they are just or not.

No sides need to be taken.
No one gets publicly insulted.
We all follow the rules.

sound fair to me.
but its your call robbo. Removing the slagging content and stating your rule in a diplomatic way would defuse this i think.

please dont think im even thinking about suggesting you shouldnt have the veiws you do. you must have your reasons.
Of course I have my reasons, and I think you may already know them by now and would now, easily understand why I have done this ........... you see that's the problem, you didn't know before and you stood by a guy who is a scumbag ..... you might not be soo quick to jump to somebody's defence now maybes .....

Anyway, I never started this thread for people to take sides, that's a ridiculous assertion; if I wanted to score points, I would just blurt out what this creep did and the sides would polarize themselves easily enough.

Nah, I write these posts because there are a lot of people out there, like yourselves, who are maybe impressionable or new to the game or both...people like abbott and sables find this type fertile ground to sew their seeds of discontent.
Now while abbott's crusade only focuses on me, as is evidenced by some emails he sent to different people, sable's focus however, has a wider stroke to his brush and that is borne out of a general discontent with the industry guys of which I am supposed to be the figurehead.

You see, sable possesses the classic psychology of an underachiever, we seem them normally walking around in traffic warden uniforms.... they haven't achieved the intellectual gravitas to move up the social ladder and then see that job as a way of getting back at the very people he wanted to be part of.....now whilst sables isn't walking around Sheffield town centre with a uniform on, he is trying to get his own back on the industry he feels shunned by .... the turth is, nobody has shunned him, he just didn't have what it takes to be included.....end of !

And so...this post went up as an education, a pointer to what some people get up to in this industry under the guise of a concerning premise.

A lot of people in our sport aren't all genn'd up and know the landscape and personalities, and this is where sables aims his rhetoric because he knows for the most part, they might listen but worst of all..they might think he's telling the truth or even know what he's talking about.

I hear he's done some pretty good work re writing rules and regs etc for air systems / bottles...well, maybe he should stick to that and keep his nose outa other people's business.
After all, didn't Hitler do a pretty good job on Germany's economy in the 1930's?
He was a good guy wasn't he???

Kitty

www.techpb.com
Aug 16, 2007
Oahu, Hawaii / London UK
www.myspace.com
So having been almost pointed in the direction of this thread I have sat here and read the 3 pages it has amounted to and I am somewhat dumbfounded.
Now bare with me, its after 1am here and I have been up since 5 but I will try to make a somewhat readable post.

For years the paintball 'industry' has been a bit of a free for all, no real control or monitoring that was anymore than people talking to there mates and occasional posts on forums. We were not the most pro-active of comunities.

Since Robbo has taken over PGI and the FEDs have got involved paintball in the UK seems to have re-gained it's focus. Now yes, I am watching from a distance, quite a big distance, but even I am seeing and noticing small changes that all seem to be positive.

Robbo has been nothing but upfront and honest, he doesn't hide behind BS what you see is what you get, and thats what we need. Stop with the rose tinted crap, don't you guys see that Robbo (in this case) is looking out for your best interests?

From what I can tell hes not exactly making big bucks off PGI... he will probably cringe if he reads this but he seems damn protective of you ballers out there and perhaps not all of you see that yet, he himself doesn't really have much to gain from this, you however as a baller, no matter how serious you take the game are being looked out for.

You have some scarey bald dude watching your back and you are failing to notice this. Now I have not met Robbo, and now living in Hawaii probably never will, but from here and from his reputation he doesn't seem like the type to waste energy over drama. So just sit back, enjoy the game even if you play at YPC, just understand that if he does not want to be ascoiated with a site / person or people there is probably a valid reason, and perhaps you should stop and think about where you invest your hard earned cash.

Now, apologies for the apauling spelling, gramma and whatever else I screwed up on, but I hope you understood my point. You have all got a big brother figure (all be it an old one) and his boys looking out for you..... be thankful for this.

ps. No flaming me whilst I am asleep and unable to reply :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I have now had a fone conversation with this Kenny (fire in the hole) guy and he seems a reasonable enough chap but wasn't aware of what sables was really like, I told Kenny what sables had done to me personally and he told me he now understands and appreciates why I had reacted the way I had.

It seems sad to me, that reasonable guys like this Kenny guy can be so subverted by people like sables but I suppose that's the way it goes sometimes and I shouldn't be too surprised ...... I'm glad he called me coz it means there is one less person believing the crap sables spouts.
I hope Kenny can at least tell some others who might well be poisoned by sables, the truth of the matter.
We live in hope.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Perhaps the Federation should have its own site and forum seperate from this one and thus seperating the Federations statements from Robbos personal domain and statements.

Andy, I woulda thought the fact that I had stated very clearly, that this is NOT a Federation Statement and repeated it, and clarified my position, would have been sufficient to let most people know as to the origin of what I posted.

You also seem to have not noticed the Federation does have a separate forum on here where Federation associated posts can be made ...
This also reinforces that my post was not federation associated otherwise it would have been posted within that forum.

You seem to have deliberately ignored all my indicators so you could script a somewhat derisory post.
I could be wrong mate but that's what it seems like because I just can't see how you missed the things I had clearly stated.

You seem to have a problem with seeing things Andy that everybody else seems to see OK and for you to then go on and make statements concerning this situation seems a little ignorant don't you think??

Status
Not open for further replies.