Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AKA to stop making Vikings and Excals? SP strikes again?

dirtydenn

how long's the fuse?
May 9, 2002
london
Visit site
forefit the game or forefit the choiceof markers we have?

i reakon the refusal to play a smartparts team would get the p'ball press noticing

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
*sigh*

Yes, notice would be taken, as Smart Parts sponsored teams suddenly had an advantage in every round of play when teams that object to SP patent practices suddenly start GIVING THEM A MAX WITHOUT A CONTEST. They would win more stuff, attract more media attention, and garner more product awareness from the more ignorant consumers who don't know much about all this.

It is like giving telemarketers all your money so they'll stop calling.

I understand (and participate in) boycotting SP equipment purchases. I even flip people $hit when they rock SP gear. But giving the SP teams an advantage AND giving up a game I pay a lot of money to play? Cutting off my nose to spite my leg.

With all due respect, that is a rediculous idea. Peace.

dirtydenn

how long's the fuse?
May 9, 2002
london
Visit site
but surely those running the tourney would do something about it if no one would play them? surely giving them a win for it is more ridiculous than my suggestion?

i can see i'm trying your patience here, and i know i don't play tourneys, but there must be a way to make more of a point?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Sorry if I sound exasperated. I do play a lot of tournaments. I am not influencial, or even particularly known, but from what I have seen, tournament organizers will find the path of least resistance through something like this- write down the 100 point score and move on.

Smart Parts is generous in supporting the tournaments where most of the SP teams play, so the promoter, if it isn't the Gardener brothers themselves, will simply score the match as any other no-show would be scored and not raise anything like a stink. Also, I would kill for a sponsorship that actually gaurantees high exposure and wins

Far better to simply avoid spending money on SP gear, and maybe create an atmosphere where SP gear is not fashionable. I actually understand teams that do business with the devil, painrtball competition is expensive enough that help from any quarter is hard to turn from (especially since it- that help- will just go to someone else). If no one buys SP gear, they may not have as much cash for legal operations, though that kind of solution could take a LONG time to show results.

mutley

scaba frashin mnnnn
Oct 29, 2003
lurking around surrey
Visit site
nice i know its been said already make a inferior product which needs expensive up grading to work better or at a level u would expect of the price and then sue the competioin who do make a decent product to put them out of buisness.

i for one was never that impressed with the freak kit on my mag now i know why the mag didnt like it :D

just wont be buying smart parts at all.

mutley

scaba frashin mnnnn
Oct 29, 2003
lurking around surrey
Visit site
what are they gonna do next sue the people who make laserquest guns coz they are totally electric and defffenatly have a on off switch

if it wasnt for real i`d say it was a good joke

maybe they could go after sony coz every piece of equipment they make has a on/off switch