Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AKA to stop making Vikings and Excals? SP strikes again?

Azz3h

Redshift
Nov 30, 2002
Richmond, North Yorkshire
Visit site
Are you sure this patent isn't being blown out of all proportion?

From what it looks like it seems that it is patenting a trigger design where the finger actually connects up the circuit, ie. current flows through the finger... are you sure this isnt the case?

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by Azz3h

From what it looks like it seems that it is patenting a trigger design where the finger actually connects up the circuit, ie. current flows through the finger... are you sure this isnt the case?
so you think smart parts are patenting a trigger that uses the fingers conductive properties to make a circuit and fire a marker?:rolleyes:

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
Originally posted by Azz3h

I believe that you might be confused with the *latest* patents, which I haven't yet looked into at much detail, but seem to be related to different trigger designs.

The problem right now lies with their older, but still recent, patent on the use of electricity to operate a paintall marker, which they acquired by extending their patent on the design of the old shocker to cover the operation of electronics in a marker. Because they modified an existing patent, it has effective pre-dated all modern markers! This is leading companies to make agreements with SP (ICD, NPS and Dye) or halting electro production all together (AGD and AKA so far)

Sorry if I took your post out of context, I've only skim-read the last few pages.

blastum

Mar 3, 2004
Visit site
Need some allies

This is my first post on your sight.My problem is Im trying to get the people here in the states to contact there congress men on this matter(patents can be ammended).But all the people on most forums are younger gunners.A little help spreading the congress issue would be helpfull.Long live W.D.P & ECLIPSE

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Look on the bright side- people are fiercely loyal to the marker they last bought anyway, so it is unlikely that there are going to be any folks quitting paintball over this. Current Viking and Excal owners will now have exclusivity and increasing rarity to add to their gun's cache. In the case of everyone else, they will just get all jazzed about the other marker they get.

Also, boycotting Smart Parts is not so bad, after all, huh? Freaks- oozes paint fill into the barrel even after being squeegeed, break easily, labeled incorrectly often; Shocker- smaller, less stable, still a gas hog; Impulse- worst stock trigger ever (except the old Shocker, but then, it is the same thing), Goggleflage- HAHAHAHAHA! It isn't as though boycotting this company is a painful political act, you know? It's like boycotting bikini waxing, most sensible guys do it without thinking about it unless given financial incentive to the contrary.

mrhooie

The infamous Tyger

How to fight against Smart Parts, or any other corporation
So let's put aside the pitchforks and torches a moment, can we? Oh good. Let's talk sensibility here.

No matter what you do to flame Smart Parts online, they won't just go away. And why? They're making MONEY. If they continue to make MONEY by locking out all the other paintball manufacturer's top line products, they will continue to exist. Same goes for the "Renegade" line of products. They will make them as long as it is profitable to do so. When they see nobody is buying their gear, they will stop making it and search for something else to sell.

Money talks, and it's absence is deafening when they look at backstock on the shelves. So signing virtual petitions, general hate online groups and so on does not work. Not buying product DOES work. It takes time, but it does work.

Let's also face a fact here. Nobody has "liked" Smart Parts for years, and yet there's no shortage of people scrambling for Renegade stuff or Freak barrels or Shocker guns. As long as there is a profit in it, they have no reason to not continue what they do and how they do it. I'm not going to tell you to burn your Renegade Chigos, destroy your RASE packs and destroy your freak barrel. Money has already been spent, and it's a waste to throw your money away. If you want to affect S.P., don't spend more on them.

Be product aware. If you want to affect them, don't buy Smart Parts guns, mods, gear or clothing. Don't buy the "Chick" barrel socks, "Smart" grips, RASE tank covers or harnesses, SP Jerseys or pants, Impies, Shockers or "Evolution 'cockers". It's not like there's no choice, you can support dozens of other retailers and not give money, directly or indirectly, to S.P. Heck, you want mostly naked chicks on a barrel sock? *I* can get you that without the S.P. logos!

No, really, it's that simple. You want them to go away? Don't buy their stuff. Buy something else. Honestly, it's that easy. And a lot more effective than a petition or group that says "Dear Smart Parts, YOU $Uxx0rZ! -The Internet" The 'net isn't real. Money is. Don't give them your money, they change or move on. That's the basics of buisness. Supply and demand. No demand, the supply goes away.

Ok, you can go back to your torches and pitchforks...

-Tyger
Best thing I've read in days

Hit them where it counts

mrhooie on the frozen tundra

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
except don't stop buying evolution cockers...... just don't buy them from smart parts!!! Belsales aren't (that) evil :D ;)

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
Originally posted by gyroscope
It isn't as though boycotting this company is a painful political act, you know? It's like boycotting bikini waxing, most sensible guys do it without thinking about it unless given financial incentive to the contrary.
Ain't that the truth. I don't think I've purchased a SP product in years- not like there isn't alternatives.

Have a pat on the back from Mr Common Sense :)

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Well I can safely say the signed Dynasty at the right time, there will be thousands of Kids dying to shoot the same marker as their favourite team - regardless of politics.

:( :(