Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AKA to stop making Vikings and Excals? SP strikes again?

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
PC

Originally posted by Burb
You must be choked, that is the worst written sentance i have read in a long time!
lol true, ok I'll try and phrase this more coherently. The company name is AKALMP The LMP part stands for Leads, Metal Products. This is the core of their business.

Hatts I *think* it's a US only patent.

Paul
:)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by jahlad
no agd are stopping makeing mags so they can concentrate on other stuff
Mainly due to the whole SP patent situation.

Lets not me nieve here SP is exactly the reason that AGD and now AKA will no longer be making electronic markers.

I still don't understand why all these companies didn't club together....

Paul

ices

Banned
Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Is AKA an American company?

SP wont be able to touch WDP if they cant get the patent to go international as the patent is only US.

Me right?

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by wee-man
Matrix ? dont you mean impulse
nope im pritty sure i read something saying that they had an agreement with dye

i think it has something to do with sp ripping off the matrix bolt system and both companies kinda agreeing not to sue each other!

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by ices
Is AKA an American company?

SP wont be able to touch WDP if they cant get the patent to go international as the patent is only US.

Me right?
Might not be able to stop them producing but I believe in theory could stop them selling in the US, could WDP survive purely on orders outside the UK? I'm not sure if this is 100% correct or not.

Matrix is safe due to the 'you scratch my back I'll sratch yours' agreement over the spool valve bolt.

National Signed thus Timmies are fine.

ICD, as above.

Paul

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by soopaman luva
:mad: this is ****e the viking rocks and is much better than any smartprats markers, damn cant anyone do something about this ?
i mean they put a stop to microsoft didnt they ?
It takes someone to fight em first, someone/company with enough $$$ to do it, AKA are a pretty small company as such I think they realised that if they fought they risked losing their entire business....

Paul

soopaman luva

nolimit soulja
just a thought but if they still made the viking and didnt put a board or switch in it could they still sell it ? if they could you could go out and buy your own board and switch :D
i know it dont work like that but it was worth a try :D :D :D

smartprats = the end of paintball :mad:

Grrrr

Too Spicy For Ya?!
This is unfortunate,

I for one don't want to own a Smart Parts marker, and pretty soon if things keep going the way they are, thats all we'll be allowed.

Can you say Monopoly? How is any future technology going to be produced if there is no competition?

We will all be sold the same low grade products. And have to like it or lump it - or pay a fortune for after market upgrades!

:mad: