Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DeltaForce Paintballing

secret-squirrel

London Tigers
Nov 1, 2010
Herts
i guess its down to personal opinion and individual cases, but id just like to point out my views are based on the pain factor and nothing to do with the safety aspect of paintball. My son has been around sup air since he was 4 and even though i let him shoot at me running around, I didnt let him get shot until he was 11 and that was playing woods ball. I also work at a site and quite regularly see kids 12+ crying after getting shot.

alexunder

The Bruiser
Dec 3, 2013
Romford
www.paintballfocus.com
i guess its down to personal opinion and individual cases
Yes, I agree with you - in the end we are all different and what is good for one person will be a terrible thing to another. Some kids will never be ready to play and some may be ready to play at 5 (exaggerating a bit I think but the difference between individuals can be huge)

my views are based on the pain factor and nothing to do with the safety aspect of paintball.
Pain factor is a big thing to consider when talking about paintball and kids. You do not want to see your child being hurt, that is for sure. I did worry about my son's reaction to getting hit. At the first game we went together I think I was more scared of him getting shot than himself :) I would never encourage him to take part in anything he would not enjoy as such actions would probably result in hatred aimed at paintballing and not willing to go ever again. As long as he likes it - I will do everything I can to play with him, if he does not like it anymore - I will play on my own.

I didnt let him get shot until he was 11 and that was playing woods ball. I also work at a site and quite regularly see kids 12+ crying after getting shot.
We also started with him shooting at me and hiding behind trees, then he went for .50 calibre. That was nowhere near the impact of .68 at full speed but also I saw kids crying when shot with .50. Pain tolerance is a very individual thing. I can take a lot but not on a dentist seat - that is where I just can't stand it and take anesthetics before saying "Hello" :)

Reactions: secret-squirrel

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Pain is a slight issue, but i find that if a child is with a group of there mates then they often act tougher :)

DFD

Jul 14, 2014
Wait what? £35-45 per day? I work in the Dublin, Ireland centre, we generally work from 8am till 6pm. Or 7:30am till 6:30pm if you are asked to help at the off-site. We get paid hourly €8.65, plus holiday pay we end up with €9.34 as a starting wage for 18 and over years old. I, being an experienced employee, am often asked to help loading-unloading at the off-site. This means on average after the € to £ exchange a newbie who is asked to do the same hours as I would take home £81.95 call it £82.Way more than a Senior Marshall in the UK? After the exchange (current at time of posting) a Senior Marshall in the Dublin Centre depending on experience earns between just under £95 and just under £114 for working the 7:30-18:30 shift... Guys in the UK, you're getting robbed...

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
Wait what? £35-45 per day? I work in the Dublin, Ireland centre, we generally work from 8am till 6pm. Or 7:30am till 6:30pm if you are asked to help at the off-site. We get paid hourly €8.65, plus holiday pay we end up with €9.34 as a starting wage for 18 and over years old. I, being an experienced employee, am often asked to help loading-unloading at the off-site. This means on average after the € to £ exchange a newbie who is asked to do the same hours as I would take home £81.95 call it £82.Way more than a Senior Marshall in the UK? After the exchange (current at time of posting) a Senior Marshall in the Dublin Centre depending on experience earns between just under £95 and just under £114 for working the 7:30-18:30 shift... Guys in the UK, you're getting robbed...
I think they may have changed the way they pay now but 7/8 years ago when I was there it was a daily rate
£35 under 18's
£40 over 18's
£45 when 'trained
£50 senior marshal
£55 ass man
£60 running site when manager was off
That was take home

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland

Depends in the length of their shifts though. Plus ROI cost of living is higher, so probably reflected in pay too.