Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DeltaForce Paintballing

UnseenSpirit

Jan 7, 2014
What site do you play at that has 4 marshals on a regular day!!!?
My guess is it wasn't making any money!
I went to one a few years a go near Morden. I can't remember the site, but we had around 35 vs 35 early on. It was very successful from my impression. There were also a large number of other people too, which seemed to be about the same. So 4 teams in total.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

stalkertimmy

Mar 2, 2006
Chatel, Rhone Alps
Hmmmm, delta force
Where to begin?
First of all despite many gripes from many different people as proven by the length and age of this thread I think delta force do a great job introducing people to paintball. The product that they offer to first timers is excellent giving them the opportunity to have a go. My personnel experience with df is mixed really, playing there for the 1st time at 15 years old was amazing of course, I enjoyed it so much I got job at 16. The best job in the world coz I got to walk around paintball gun in hand telling punters what to do, ha, silly old me, i was soon put in my place, true story is first few weeks were tough getting to grips with everything, I was working with the big boys that were super professional at marshalling and actually took it pretty seriously with a few nob ed marshalls like you see today thrown in for good measure. The work experience I had with these people was invaluable, learning alot of work and life skills. beechwood 2004-2007 you know who you are. I feel extremely privileged and grateful for being part of the team and it has definatly made me the man I am today.
Unfortunately the staff turn over in df back then was quite a lot, almost every weekend new trainee marshals and others leaving to get proper jobs, not to impune any marshals out there, Iam just referring to the employees that were maybe off to uni or part time weekend staff that were offered full time elsewhere. Tricky to make a good wage in the winter with not many groups booked in on week days. This was quite difficult to give a full duty of care to the customers as you were having to babysit another member of staff. However the newbies weren't, aren't the problem, it's the marshals that have been there for a while but r still in the mind set of givin it the biggun because they have a fluorescent jacket on. The lazy little monkey I had marshalling my friends stag at rochford was unbelievable, jt pro flex with addidas high tops, you know who you are, the worst service I've ever had in general. Considering between us we probs spent a few grand, but I promised myself before writing my life story I wouldn't go in to prices, your the one pulling the trigger. I was extremely annoyed just because I saw a lot of people in distress due to gun failure, cheaters and other such things, all the cries for marshal unfortunately were in vain.
Of course I cannot generalise because Iam sure there are some great marshals at present at df, unlucky for me I got the numpty. I fear that the standards of customer service will drop so low it will bring a bad name on the sport which isn't good for anybody.
To end on a good note being involved with delta force, employee or punter you hav to admit you come away smiling.
Please feel free to critique my thoughts, would luv to hear yours
Oooooooossssssshhhhhhhh

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Hmmmm, delta force
Where to begin?
First of all despite many gripes from many different people as proven by the length and age of this thread I think delta force do a great job introducing people to paintball. The product that they offer to first timers is excellent giving them the opportunity to have a go. My personnel experience with df is mixed really, playing there for the 1st time at 15 years old was amazing of course, I enjoyed it so much I got job at 16. The best job in the world coz I got to walk around paintball gun in hand telling punters what to do, ha, silly old me, i was soon put in my place, true story is first few weeks were tough getting to grips with everything, I was working with the big boys that were super professional at marshalling and actually took it pretty seriously with a few nob ed marshalls like you see today thrown in for good measure. The work experience I had with these people was invaluable, learning alot of work and life skills. beechwood 2004-2007 you know who you are. I feel extremely privileged and grateful for being part of the team and it has definatly made me the man I am today.
Unfortunately the staff turn over in df back then was quite a lot, almost every weekend new trainee marshals and others leaving to get proper jobs, not to impune any marshals out there, Iam just referring to the employees that were maybe off to uni or part time weekend staff that were offered full time elsewhere. Tricky to make a good wage in the winter with not many groups booked in on week days. This was quite difficult to give a full duty of care to the customers as you were having to babysit another member of staff. However the newbies weren't, aren't the problem, it's the marshals that have been there for a while but r still in the mind set of givin it the biggun because they have a fluorescent jacket on. The lazy little monkey I had marshalling my friends stag at rochford was unbelievable, jt pro flex with addidas high tops, you know who you are, the worst service I've ever had in general. Considering between us we probs spent a few grand, but I promised myself before writing my life story I wouldn't go in to prices, your the one pulling the trigger. I was extremely annoyed just because I saw a lot of people in distress due to gun failure, cheaters and other such things, all the cries for marshal unfortunately were in vain.
Of course I cannot generalise because Iam sure there are some great marshals at present at df, unlucky for me I got the numpty. I fear that the standards of customer service will drop so low it will bring a bad name on the sport which isn't good for anybody.
To end on a good note being involved with delta force, employee or punter you hav to admit you come away smiling.
Please feel free to critique my thoughts, would luv to hear yours
Oooooooossssssshhhhhhhh
Im a current Marshall at delta force juniperwood.. And i agree really.. Some marshals are amazing some a twats.. End of the day i try make sure everyone has a great day and i think customer service should be targeted by all marshalsmarshals

Reactions: strafingrun

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Pretty sure it is like that everywhere. Simply some people are amazing and some are twats.
Sometimes I go to DF with my son as this is the only place I found where he can play at the age of 8. Still looking for someone who would let us play together though.
You should be able to mate.. If not come billericay we will

secret-squirrel

London Tigers
Nov 1, 2010
Herts
8!! Why would you even want an 8 year old playing paintball? I was under the impression you had to be 12 for insurance purposes.

alexunder

The Bruiser
Dec 3, 2013
Romford
www.paintballfocus.com
8!! Why would you even want an 8 year old playing paintball? I was under the impression you had to be 12 for insurance purposes.
8 because he likes it and he can be trusted to play safe - more than some adults I have met. I played with him before so I know what I can expect from him. 12 years is exactly as you said - for insurance purposes. It has nothing to do with safety or ability to play. Public liability insurance - which we are talking about - is simply to cover the venue's backside in case of a claim if an accident happens and is due to the venue's negligence. Accidents happen all the time everywhere and you cannot escape from that. Paintball - if you adhere to safety rules - is not more dangerous than any other sport. A venue's insurance is not important to me as long as the setting is safe and they have appropriate measures in place. Do you really think I would risk my son's health? I introduced him to the sport slowly and before he was allowed to play I made sure he is able and does everything as safe as possible and knows very well how to handle his marker.

Reactions: RobbyT

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
8 because he likes it and he can be trusted to play safe - more than some adults I have met. I played with him before so I know what I can expect from him. 12 years is exactly as you said - for insurance purposes. It has nothing to do with safety or ability to play. Public liability insurance - which we are talking about - is simply to cover the venue's backside in case of a claim if an accident happens and is due to the venue's negligence. Accidents happen all the time everywhere and you cannot escape from that. Paintball - if you adhere to safety rules - is not more dangerous than any other sport. A venue's insurance is not important to me as long as the setting is safe and they have appropriate measures in place. Do you really think I would risk my son's health? I introduced him to the sport slowly and before he was allowed to play I made sure he is able and does everything as safe as possible and knows very well how to handle his marker.
Well said fella.

Paintball was ranked top 10 safest sports excluding minor bruises and cuts.. This is because all us marshals make sure that our sites are safe for all aged people.. Paintball is a sport that is widely used to create bonds and encourage sportsmanship and teamwork.. Personally i think its a great idea for father and son to do as long as they both enjoy it

Reactions: alexunder